Didumos69

[POC] Two-way two-phase 90° stepper

For a dual-clutch gearbox with separate gearboxes for 1,3,5,7 and 2,4,6,8, I need a shifter that has two phases: phase 1 should change gears in the unengaged gearbox and phase 2 should toggle between the gearboxes. Here's a working concept for the shifter.

800x450.jpg

On 6/28/2020 at 11:40 AM, Didumos69 said:

That is AWESOME!! It seems to have a ratcheting action. Would you share a file of this? I'd like to build it as a single phase with a rear output. Thanks very much.

2 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

That is AWESOME!! It seems to have a ratcheting action. Would you share a file of this? I'd like to build it as a single phase with a rear output. Thanks very much.

Sure. Here's the Stud.io file. You can easily make it a single phase, but adding a rear output will require some work. I do have this one with rear output (also on Rebrickable):

Edited by Didumos69

Thanks very much Didumos69. I'll be building this next. I have built your 90° shifter w/ rear output several times. I also converted to LDRAW and made a PDF BI. 

Here is the BI for the [POC] Two-way two-phase 90° stepperhttps://bricksafe.com/files/1963maniac/Didumos69 Two-way two-phase 90 degree stepper.pdf

Edited by 1963maniac

6 hours ago, 1963maniac said:

I have built your 90° shifter w/ rear output several times. I also converted to LDRAW and made a PDF BI.

I'm sorry, but now I remember! I was having a short break from LEGOs back then, so I haven't registered your messages about those BIs very well.

Edited by Didumos69