Trekkie99

[MOC] Midiscale Chicago Metra (EMD F40PH)

Enjoy. :wub: Further info and links in spoiler.

Spoiler

Designed in Mecabricks and rendered in Blender using Mecabricks Blender Lite and Urban Street 01 as my HDRI. I've tried a couple different HDRIs but Urban Street is still my favorite so far. :laugh:

Started work on this a little while ago, but got stuck on the train roof. Got back at it a couple days ago, settled on the roof, and then it was smooth sailing from there. 

Bricksafe Album where you can see the images in their full 4k resolution. Or just open the images in a new tab and remove everything after .png in the url.

Mecabricks 3D View for the Metra train, and Metra car versions OneTwo, and Three. They're also available in the Mecabricks workshop. :classic:

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

800x450.jpg

Cheers! 

Amazing work! But at least you chose the easy to build in 3 wide... just kidding, that is insane what you were able to do in 3 wide. I bet after all that SNOT your head is spinning.

1 hour ago, zephyr1934 said:

Amazing work! 

Thanks mate! :wub:

But at least you chose the easy to build in 3 wide... just kidding, that is insane what you were able to do in 3 wide.

:laugh: I love building under the constraints of a small build and seeing how much detail I can fit in. I'm always so impressed by a lot of castle and medieval builds for that reason because there's usually so much detail in every little corner, and yet the whole model is massive! Wish I had that kind of patience. :laugh:

I bet after all that SNOT your head is spinning.

It can get pretty complicated. The hardest part is making sure it'll all stay together and not crumble to bits if you blow on it. :grin: I've gone waaaaaay overkill on internal structuring on larger models in the past, which if I were to build in real bricks, I would probably find I could remove a fair few pieces.