Sign in to follow this  
arc

AAT mod/moc

If you're like me, you were disappointed with the 75080 AAT set. The proportions seemed off, and it was missing the six tubes on the bottom. So i bricklinked a few parts from the 2001 version and tried to make it work. This was the result. I kept most of the top half, while the bottom needed some work.

49960656806_2d940900a8_z.jpg

49960160473_1fa1404613_z.jpg

49960938962_39c6e2974e_z.jpg

49960939177_de30880d4e_z.jpg

49960656631_996664c95a_z.jpg

Not the cleanest underneath, but I was just using parts the set already had. Aside from that, I'm pretty happy with how this turned out. What do you think?

Edited by arc
fixed a flickr embedd issue

Much better already, if only LEGO would see the error in their new design. I thought with all the negativity on the previous 2015 design they would update it, but its even worse now. :wacko:

Edited by Cyberfounder

Amazing, you did literally the only thing lego needed to do to fix its overall look. Do you have a part list for piece not available from the set?

Edited by SCREDEYE

11 hours ago, SCREDEYE said:

Amazing, you did literally the only thing lego needed to do to fix its overall look. Do you have a part list for piece not available from the set?

I've taken a few pictures here of what I've kept form the original set and what I've added. Couple small errors though: The gray axles and 2 of the 4 2x2 tan round brick should be in the second photo, as they are from the original set. Also, the tan 4x4 dish i forgot to put back here, as I have it on something else currently; it's not essential.

Here's what I added, minus the aforementioned errors:

49965509172_b0dc6dcd00_z.jpg

Here's what's I kept from the original set:

49965509307_a70a03ca5f_z.jpg

I also added a couple pictures to help with construction, just let me know if you need anything else.

16 hours ago, Krisproductions said:

I feel like this is an awesome, low cost substitue in comparison to other alternatives like the Brickvault AATs. 

The brickvault AATs are gorgeous and much more detailed, almost UCS level, but they also involve quite a few more pieces than this. This is more just me fixing something I didn't like about the set, while still kinda keeping that official set look, for the most part anyway.

Thanks everyone for the kind words :classic: