Here it is, my newest model, the Woolworth Building.

49778034366_811cee0f10_o.png

The Woolworth Building is an early American skyscraper located in Manhattan, New York City. Designed by architect Cass Gilbert, it was the tallest building in the world from 1913 to 1930, with a height of 792 feet (241 m). Located in Manhattan's Tribeca neighborhood, The 60-story structure consists of a 30-story tower situated atop a 30-story base. Its facade is mostly decorated with terracotta (though the lower portions are limestone) and contains thousands of windows.

49777503068_9eb2699961_o.png

The skyscraper was originally conceived by F. W. Woolworth, the founder of a brand of popular five-and-ten-cent stores, as a headquarters for his company.
Woolworth planned the skyscraper jointly with the Irving National Exchange Bank, which also agreed to use the structure as its headquarters. 

49778365072_dacbc4bbb1_o.png

Construction started in 1910, and it was completed two years later. The Woolworth Building underwent several changes throughout its history.
The top thirty floors, formerly used as office space, were sold to a developer in 2012 and subsequently converted into residences. 
The remainder of the building remains in use by office and commercial tenants.

49778034296_f429366523_o.png

This model stands at 63cm tall and contains ~8,500 pieces, built at a 1:400 scale.

49778365052_075a79d1a6_o.png

There is a lot of techniques I had to come up with to be able to get all of the details in the 
façade and the roof. The details of the Woolworth Building are so intricate that it would be impossible to include everything at this scale but I tried my
best to make it work.

49777502968_c60c3b6262_o.png

Overall, I'm really happy with the way it has turned out and I can't wait to get started on my next build....

More pictures can be found on my flickr:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/186855130@N08/albums/72157713858882581

Very impressive model. Clean and neat. I really like the level of detail you were able to accomplish on the rooftop.

14 hours ago, Darkdragon said:

Very impressive model. Clean and neat. I really like the level of detail you were able to accomplish on the rooftop.

Thank you. The real roof has much more detail that would have been impossible to include at this scale, but I tried to interpret it as best I could.

Hi! I’m looking for a Woolwrth Building Lego MOC to my husband for this Christmas and your MOC is amazing. It’s possible to purchase the plans and the lego pieces requiered? 
thank you very much