Void_S

42111 Dom's Dodge Charger MODs and Improvements

I'd love to see more mods on this set. Perhaps a madmax style build. 
Gotta rebuild the charger at some point and try and fiddle with it. 

One thing i would change is the garbage suspension system and actually give it caster and camber. 

7 hours ago, Mechbuilds said:

I'd love to see more mods on this set. Perhaps a madmax style build. 
Gotta rebuild the charger at some point and try and fiddle with it. 

One thing i would change is the garbage suspension system and actually give it caster and camber. 

It isn't the best set, but it does have a lot of potential for mods!:classic:

On 1/24/2022 at 9:50 PM, whitepen said:

It isn't the best set, but it does have a lot of potential for mods!:classic:

it's a moc that screams mad max mods. 
I want to build it with the mercedes arocs tires. Having single tires at front and duals at the back.. 
Body might need widening. But i really want to see a pick up style rocket spears setup at the back like in madmax fury road. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

On 1/26/2022 at 1:45 PM, Mechbuilds said:

it's a moc that screams mad max mods. 
I want to build it with the mercedes arocs tires. Having single tires at front and duals at the back.. 
Body might need widening. But i really want to see a pick up style rocket spears setup at the back like in madmax fury road. 

Nice idea!

itHSOJMl.jpg

There's my front end of the bodywork.. 

Now i need to figure out a 15 studs between tires front axle 
(i will be using arocs tires.)
That has proper geometry. 
Caster and ackermann definitely.. Perhaps kingpin inclination and camber 

Edited by Mechbuilds

Hey everyone - first post on this forum, excited to join the community! 

Just started building Technic (first project was BMW 1000RR) and now am addicted :) 

For the Charger (and any kit with suspension), I came up with a quick and easy way to lower and "tune" the suspension. Have a look and let me know if you have any feedback! It's my first video, so bare with me :) 

Edited by SlidewayZ

16 hours ago, SlidewayZ said:

Hey everyone - first post on this forum, excited to join the community! 

Just started building Technic (first project was BMW 1000RR) and now am addicted :) 

For the Charger (and any kit with suspension), I came up with a quick and easy way to lower and "tune" the suspension. Have a look and let me know if you have any feedback! It's my first video, so bare with me :) 

Hi and welcome to the forum! :-)

Your solution may work, but most of us prefer to use only brick-friendly (legal) solutions, at least for the majority of the built. The use of straps, glue or other additions are not that welcomed as they can damage or break pieces. The use of extra additional pieces mostly comes down to rubber bands, strings.

However, never let you spoil your fun in building and experimenting as you like! :-)

1 hour ago, Jundis said:

Hi and welcome to the forum! :-)

Your solution may work, but most of us prefer to use only brick-friendly (legal) solutions, at least for the majority of the built. The use of straps, glue or other additions are not that welcomed as they can damage or break pieces. The use of extra additional pieces mostly comes down to rubber bands, strings.

However, never let you spoil your fun in building and experimenting as you like! :-)

Ahh thanks for that feedback....felt like I might be breaking some rules with external parts. 

Appreciate the welcome

WIP
fpOY4I6h.png

Features:
Front axle: Kingpin inclination, caster, ackerman. 
Engine: Fake engine that has moving pistons. 
Bodywork: modified with pickup style exterior, better suspension for offroading. 

Note: The whole chassis is currently just supported by random beams giving it's shape. It can't really stand on it's own yet due to the whole chassis bending so it's currently sitting on top of 5x7 frames so the bodywork and chassis doesn't get bent. 

To do list:
Motors and gearbox. 
Rear axle
Complete the chassis
Touch ups on the enginebay. 
Mount spare tires behind the cockpit. 
Add guns. 
Test drive. 

Edited by Mechbuilds

Hi eurobricks LEGO Technic community!

Beside of building 8 wide car MOCs virtually and publishing them on Rebrickable, I also like building LEGO Technic phisically. I'm a huge fan of american muscle cars, thats why the 42111 Dom's 1970 Dodge Charger was a must-have for me. Even tough I like the Dodge Charger I was not 100% stisfied with the set. Thats why I motorized it using Racing Bricks' instructions. After that, the car was much better and it made so much fun driing around with it. But more improvements were needed.

Muscle cars are no muscle cars without doing burnouts and doughnuts. Thets why I always wanted to drift my charger. In needed SPEED AND POWER!!! Thanks to the amzaing performance of BuWizz I bouht one of their bricks and swapped the normal PF batterie box with the BuWizz brick. I also installed a seperate controlled fake engine, so that I could rev it while standing. With Buwizz my dream came true: I could now drift it with rims only on flat surfaces! And it now goes incredibly fast! Now I only needed to approve the looks.

A muscle car I like even more hen the 1970 Dodge Charger is the 1971 Plymouth Road Runner. So I modified the front to look like the classic "telephone" bumper of the '71 model. I also modified the engine bay with covering of thecilinders with tiles and and redoing the supercharger. I know, yellow painted engines are not tipical for Mopar but yellow looked just better than red, blue or orange.

The Charger isn't a Charger anymore and also not a Road Runner because it has the. Anyway I am really happy about how it turned out and wanted to share it with you. Maybe you can take inspiration of it!

42111%20-%20Dom's%20Dodge%20Charger%20MO

Here is the video of it in action. Never tested out top speed on a longer distance. Sorry for the bad quality and my bad driving skills!

Edited by brickhead_07

I was trying to remove the supercharger from the engine btw. I don't know if this was a good idea because the engine block is still visible from the outside.

On 2/22/2022 at 8:46 PM, brickhead_07 said:

Here is the video of it in action. Never tested out top speed on a longer distance. Sorry for the bad quality and my bad driving skills!

Nice run! I like that function of idle. Have you installed the clutch?

On 1/22/2023 at 3:37 PM, Sancho said:

I was trying to remove the supercharger from the engine btw. I don't know if this was a good idea because the engine block is still visible from the outside.

Nice run! I like that function of idle. Have you installed the clutch?

The engine is run by a different motor.

On 5/13/2020 at 9:00 PM, BrickbyBrickTechnic said:

Hey guys! I've made my own working steering wheel addition to the set. It's meant to be very simple, and takes only 5 minutes to add! Here are the video instructions:

You can find a parts list in the video or on rebrickable: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-42313/BrickbyBrickTechnic/lego-42111-working-steering-wheel-mod/#comments

Thanks and happy modding!

No video , can you reup and help me. Thank you