Sign in to follow this  
samurai-turtle

Mixel-Mechs

The story is I wanted to make one mech for one of my mini figures. But I did not like it, and then I started to think what if "her" friends made some mechs too. And I stared to use my Mixel sets to make the Mechs for other mini figures. I had laying around (or spares). So here their are (a group shot or two)...

img_20200305_142307.jpg 

The individual mechs are...

Kappa Mech - Piloted by Leo, technically this might be the second one I made using Glorp Corp Mixels. But the first one I made I was not to happy with and it got remade more on that later. I did think making the limbs bigger / longer but I just settled on making the arms longer.

Goblin Mech - Piloted by a Orc, using Spikels Mixels, it looks like some thing a goblin would make. You would noticed that I gave this (and a few others) a "door" to get in and out of the mechs easier. 

Thunder Mech - Piloted by Jay Walker, useing the Musical Mixels to make this one. I am thinking thunder is a noise and Jay is a lighting ninja it seemed like a good mach. 

Stitch's Mech - Piloted by Stitch, using Frosticons Mixels. This might be another one I had trouble making at first until I put Stitch as the pilot and then it just came together. The back story on this mech is Stitch got tired of "people" making fun of his size, so he ended up building this thing. 

Mystical Mech - Piloted by Lance, using Wiztastastics Mixels. I eventually put Lance in this mech wanting to use the first figure in some thing else. And I even put some "Wing Blades" on this mech to make it a little better and give it a slightly different attack than the other mechs. (The others using their "claws" for attacking.) 

Beetle Mech - Piloted by a Rogue / Archer (from the mini figure collectable series). I used Glowkies Mixels for this thing, putting the "horns" it made me think it look similar to a beetle. I even think the "teeth" holds a type of cannon. Plus this one has an odd way to get in an out of the mech. 

Snow Owl Mech - Piloted by a Chima Polar Bear. This one is very different from the others because is does not use any Mixels. What I am using is a Nexo Knight's Mech (Lance's) and a Chima Legend Beast (Eagle) plus a Ninjago poly bag (Dragon Hunter). You are probably wondering why I am calling this a "Snow Owl" one of the earlier versions the feet reminded me of a Snow Owl's feet. But I wanted some wings on the mech so I ended up using the Chima Eagle for parts. Plus If you look at one or two of the pictures it is holding a boomerang (from the Dragon Hunter) for a extra attack, along with it's "forearm blades" witch can flip around for a slash attack. Not to mention I was trying to make a mech for this figure I was not to happy with the other versions until this one came about. Also, I kinda figure with a Polar Bear Pilot in an Snow Owl Mech it might make this a feared "Bear Owl" from D&D. :grin: 

A gallery of the individual mechs...

http://www.brickshelf.com/cgi-bin/gallery.cgi?f=579327

Edited by samurai-turtle
Add a comment

10 hours ago, Glassjaw said:

As a fan of all things mech, I like these, and the mixels ball joints are great for making them!

Thanks, those ball joints are good, I guess that is why they get use in other themes. Plus, the mechs does have a cartoon vibe to them.