lustoro

How take cabel egdes separately in LDD

Hi, I'm new in LDD and tring to build Mindstorms robots in LDD. I've installed LDD 4.3 in Windows 8.

I've taken cabel and tring to connect to ports of my robot, But I'm couldnt take edges of cabel separately and connect them to different ports. When I'm selecting one edge and tring to move that edge, second edge also moving with first edge.I'm assuming that sould work when I'm selecting one edge and tring to move, but in didn't work may be that is a defect or there is another way to take one edge of the cabel. 

Could someone please say me how I can take one edge of cabel(without taking both). 

Hi, which parts are you trying to connect, do you have the ID numbers? Sometimes a part may have a bug, so the two ends of the cable might behave like one part only.

When I add a cable, like part 55806 Cable 0,5M, I see both ends of the cable moving together.  Once I place the cable on the grid, not connecting them to anything, then I can click each end of the cable like it is a single piece. You have to click the part, not the coloured triangle.

Hi @NathanR, Thanks for your answer :classic:

I've placed the cabel on the grid, and didn't connected them to anything, but after clicking one end of the cabel it takes both ends of cabel together. 

I've choosen cabels from the following list and cabels don't have colored triangles.(pls see attachments).

image.pngimage.png.fbc3313388aaf84927e0d1448db2563f.png

Edited by lustoro

@lustoro Huh, that is very odd. You should also have more than just three cable types returned by the search.  Which version of LDD are you using? Is it 4.3.11?

3 hours ago, NathanR said:

You should also have more than just three cable types returned by the search.

Confirmed.

In Mindstorm mode and with the same typo we see in the screenshot (“cabel” instead of “cable”), there are 6 pairs of connectors available in 4.3.11: 11145 (250mm), 11146 (350mm), 11147 (500mm), and 55804 (0.2m), 55805 (0.35m), 55806 (0.5m).  All with 60410 connectors.

(Without the typo, still in Mindstorm mode, three other parts show and they are tuntables.)

(For other connector types, you need to use the Extended mode.)

So there’s undoubtedly a problem with LDD here.  See the other posts about 4.3.12 / installing 4.3.11 on Windows 10, they have links to correct 4.3.11 installators.

Now, about the coloured arrows, note they only appear if the part is placed, not when the cable’s still “held” with the mouse.  But if you don’t see them (the colour changes with each new cable), then you really have a problem with your LDD.

@NathanR and @SylvainLS thank you so much for your help :classic::classic::classic:

Yes, that is a LDD problem, I had taken installer from Lego official site https://www.lego.com/en-us/ldd dawnload link is https://www.lego.com/assets/franchisesites/ldd/installer/setupldd-pc-4_3_12.exe. But seems that version has many defects(flex tool also not working) and many bricks are missed on that version(on installer file, version mentioned as 4.3.12 but after installing and clicking About option from menu, version is mentioned 4.3.11).

I've searched and taked installer for 4.3.11 version from this topic and 6 cables (for Mindstorms theme) are there and working as expected. :classic:

Edited by lustoro

Yeah 4.3.12 is botched. Better to go for 4.3.11 and use the tricks to install it.