Hinckley

Thack Desteck—Day 5, A Pain in the Butt

Bah lists.

so here’s my state of play. all based on personal interactions with players rather than thread analysis.

Araveea - helpful in pms. responsible for bringing investigation result on Coralaaze, either definitely town or ran a hard bus over a teammate. My call, town.

Cadd - Bah! Do your own damn analysis ya fartbubbles! Town! der!

Eeyara - could be the source of the leak about the unlynch scroll, uncleared

Luxxon - useful and helpful in PMs, so far quite townish. Not playing a grogon game.

Marwyyn - Investigated by Traveller using scroll before night two. Could be traitor playing wily game, but I rate that unlikely. Which leaves her probably townish

Naannccy - known power role, yet still alive? (Even with no known blocker and no active protection making missing kills) claimed inventor, which could be scum role and no one as been able to confirm an invention not on the night zero scum list. Quite untrusting, hence untrustworthy?

Tameekys - floating along, playing her own game. Could possibly clear Naannccy but hasn’t yet. Insufficient interaction to evaluate.  

Zandder - knows something but is being coy. Committed to Tameekys’ grogonisity, otherwise paranoid and unhelpful.

Much as one would expect day five, a bunch of solid reads and about the same number of fuzzy ones.

At this point, a couple of people can contribute meaningful information to this analysis if they’re so inclined. In the mean time I will 

Vote: Nancy

yes I know she’s the inventor. If I hear she’s invented something the scum couldn’t I’ll  happily change.

2 minutes ago, Cadd said:

yes I know she’s the inventor. If I hear she’s invented something the scum couldn’t I’ll  happily change.

I'll just leave this here:

On 12/31/2019 at 6:26 PM, Tameekys said:

I can confirm that Nancy is the inventor, if it was under any doubt. She gave me an action last night that I used successfully. She's asked that I don't share which action I used and I will respect that.

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

I'll just leave this here:

Bah. Just Bah. 

proclaiming that you are hiding something is not the same as showing you have nothing to hide.

Everyone being silent isn't too helpful. There's only about 20 hours left in this day and most of us haven't voted. I will

Vote: Zandder

I don't have him on my list of trusted people, and I know I'm not on his. I'll change my vote if I have to, but I believe this is where it will stay.

4 hours ago, Cadd said:

Naannccy - known power role, yet still alive? 

I imagine scum hope she's not in a town block or something, and that maybe they'll get a cool toy.

3 hours ago, Cadd said:

proclaiming that you are hiding something is not the same as showing you have nothing to hide.

Thanks Captain Obvious. :hmpf: 

This is just more of your fishing. Is there anyone alive you haven't been chatting with, asking for a role claim or wanting to coordinate with? Tameekys still, or have you been chatting with her too by now? You've pushed for information from pretty much everyone.

I gave Tameekys an invention and it's not a scum invention and she confirmed this. You don't need to know anything else. There are two more people who have received inventions from me (and here I'm also telling you more than you need to know) who could verify me, but you don't need to know who they are, what they received or whether or not they've used their inventions and what the results were/were not. I appreciate there's a small possibility you are a frustrated townie trying to work out what's going on but if you are then you are not helping by wanting to be the center of everything. You are the only one who keeps on fishing. You wanted me to coordinate with you and bring me into the loop. My loop's just fine thank you. You repeatedly said you wanted people to bring information to you so you could present a coherent case, when you have nothing to make you trustworthy. You even want people to role claim to you. You complained to me that you wanted to do all that because you weren't around at the same times as other people, but can't respond to me wondering why on earth you'd be the best person to coordinate anything or post coherent cases if you're not around at the same time as everyone else. :wacko:

Call it an OMGUS vote if you want

Vote: Cadd

4 hours ago, Cadd said:

Bah lists.

so here’s my state of play. all based on personal interactions with players rather than thread analysis.

Araveea - helpful in pms. responsible for bringing investigation result on Coralaaze, either definitely town or ran a hard bus over a teammate. My call, town.

Cadd - Bah! Do your own damn analysis ya fartbubbles! Town! der!

Luxxon - useful and helpful in PMs, so far quite townish. Not playing a grogon game.

Marwyyn - Investigated by Traveller using scroll before night two. Could be traitor playing wily game, but I rate that unlikely. Which leaves her probably townish

Naannccy - known power role, yet still alive? (Even with no known blocker and no active protection making missing kills) claimed inventor, which could be scum role and no one as been able to confirm an invention not on the night zero scum list. Quite untrusting, hence untrustworthy?

Tameekys - floating along, playing her own game. Could possibly clear Naannccy but hasn’t yet. Insufficient interaction to evaluate.  

Zandder - knows something but is being coy. Committed to Tameekys’ grogonisity, otherwise paranoid and unhelpful.

I'm sensing a trend here. 

Vote Tally

Tameekys: 2 (Zandder, Araveea)
Nancy: 1 (Cadd)
Zandder: 1 (Tameekys)
Cadd: 1 (Nancy)
Non-voters: 3 (Eeyara, Luxxon, Marwyyn)

Currently, Tameekys has the most votes and will be pew-pewed unless another player receives more votes. 16.5 hours remain in Day Five.

6 hours ago, Cadd said:

2 hours ago, Tameekys said:

Vote: Zandder

1 hour ago, Nancy said:

2 hours ago, Nancy said:

This is just more of your fishing. Is there anyone alive you haven't been chatting with, asking for a role claim or wanting to coordinate with? Tameekys still, or have you been chatting with her too by now? You've pushed for information from pretty much everyone.

I appreciate there's a small possibility you are a frustrated townie trying to work out what's going on but if you are then you are not helping by wanting to be the center of everything. 

You are the only one who keeps on fishing. You wanted me to coordinate with you and bring me into the loop. My loop's just fine thank you. You repeatedly said you wanted people to bring information to you so you could present a coherent case, when you have nothing to make you trustworthy. You even want people to role claim to you. 

I can't see town or scum genuinely acting like this, which leads me to believe it's an act, which leads me to think scum. :def_shrug:

7 hours ago, Cadd said:

:laugh: Considering you and the Traveler are the only other persons who knew about the scroll at the time Coralese mentioned it, I think I know exactly where the leak is.

You seem extremely pushy since Day 3, overly interested not in who is scum but in who has town roles. That's incredibly unhelpful and scummy.  You seem to have information, little nuggets of things, that you shouldn't have.  I won't say talking to almost everyone is necessarily scummy, but when it's constantly pushing people for information and being rude about it, that's definitely not a good way to go.

Acting on information received.

Nancy is not scum, Tameekys is not scum. Therefore

unvote: Nancy

and apologies. Paranoia is fun up until it keeping you awake at night.

Vote Tally

Cadd: 3 (Nancy, Marwyyn, Eeyara)
Non-voters: 2 (Cadd, Luxxon)

Currently, Cadd has the most votes and will be pew-pewed unless another player receives more votes. 15 hours remain in Day Five.

42 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

29 minutes ago, Eeyara said:

I guess I am wrong about things and will need to wait until morning to find out where Nancy’s just fine loop causes her to actually vote.

Bah!

39 minutes ago, Eeyara said:

You seem extremely pushy since Day 3, overly interested not in who is scum but in who has town roles...

You seem to have information, little nuggets of things, that you shouldn't have.

I won't say talking to almost everyone is necessarily scummy, but when it's constantly pushing people for information and being rude about it, that's definitely not a good way to go.

if I seem to have little nuggets of information, that’s deductive reasoning.

sometimes I deduce things wrong, or in my keenness, make errors. I’ve espoused theories in day threads that contained missteps in reasoning. I’ve tried to be upfront about those when I’ve realised.

for me, the way to avoid such missteps is to gather as much information as I can. I find low information situations incredibly frustrating and am driven to resolve them. Sometimes I can come across badly doing that.

If I’ve been rude or pushy I apologise. My playstyle both in a previous life where I was evil and many good lives since, is to be talkative behind the scenes, lots of PMs a little pushy. I don’t have the history to get into meta or a supe-keen scumdar and I tend not to waste time with ‘niceities’. so yeah, I can see how it gets seen as rude.

I realise your comments above aren’t directed as an ad hominem attack, that I shouldn’t take things personally, it’s a game. I’m just answering during my nap time, so I’m a little more introspective than usual. So forgive me if my reply appears solipsistic.

However I’m not the leak. And still I believe finding them is the key to this.

3 hours ago, Cadd said:

and apologies. Paranoia is fun up until it keeping you awake at night.

Glad that's all cleared up. Now you've got what I was saying, you look a helluva lot more town.

Unvote: Cadd

Where to go next? The number of people I trust is very small, but the number of people I suspect is also very small. That makes sense to me, anyway. I'm just going to waffle a bit because nobody else is saying much and Queen Tellia will shout at us if we all wander off. 

Ok, I think it's probably between Zannder and Eeyara. This might turn into a shitstorm, I don't know, but I've been going over this in my head.

I know I've said I thought Nerrio was the traitor because he seemed.. disconnected from Coralaaze in retrospect, but actually he could have just been disconnected from the start. He didn't try to defend himself at all. He could barely keep up with his own train of thought (and I'm not trying to be mean or amusing, but you were also scum, so I'm sorry not sorry :tongue: ) so maybe the clever scum play day one was all Coralaaze, and Nerrio kinda let her down. So someone else got converted night 2. Yes, there are a number of reasons why a kill didn't happen, but two scum are dead and here we still are. The biggest change in behaviour I've seen has been from Eeyara. And the leak, hmm. I agree with Cadd (mind your continence there Cadd) that sorting out this leak might well help.

Maybe we should have all listened to Scummy McScumface Coralaaze and actually lynched Eeyara in the first place. :sceptic: 

Vote: Eeyara

It amuses me slightly that this is the first time I've actually voted for Eeyara. Probably doesn't amuse Eeyara though.

Zannder, if you have anything you'd like to say, now would be an excellent time. 

Vote Tally

Cadd: 2 (Marwyyn, Eeyara)
Eeyara: 1 (Nancy)
Non-voters: 2 (Cadd, Luxxon)

The player with the most votes will be pew-pewed. Currently, no player qualifies for the pew-pew. 10 hours and 15 minutes remain in Day Five.

33 minutes ago, Nancy said:

Vote: Eeyara

2 hours ago, Nancy said:

Maybe we should have all listened to Scummy McScumface Coralaaze and actually lynched Eeyara in the first place. :sceptic: 

Yeah, great idea. Kill a townie so the Traveler can decide our fate. Awesome job.  :hmpf_bad:

You don't even have any reasoning, it's just like the first 3 days when people (scum, I might add) were voting for me just because.  

How can I be the leak when it was my damn scroll?  Biggest change? Yes, as I said the first TWO WEEKS of the damn thing I was sick, very sick.  

Nice way to play right into a scummo's hands.

I notice that Zandder and Araveea have disappeared after voting for me. Araveea has the credit and benefit of the doubt for bringing us a scum, Zandder doesn't. 

Just now, Eeyara said:

Yeah, great idea. Kill a townie so the Traveler can decide our fate. Awesome job.  :hmpf_bad:

I'm confused where you're getting your numbers from. There's eight of us left in total, meaning there's six townies (one scum and one neutral). How would voting for you today let the Traveler decide our fate? 

I am still confident on my vote for Zandder. I can trust probably half the people left remaining. I'd rather not split the vote here today, though. I'd like to see Cadd and Luxxon cast their votes, lest they are penalized for it tomorrow. 

8 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

I'm confused where you're getting your numbers from. There's eight of us left in total, meaning there's six townies (one scum and one neutral). How would voting for you today let the Traveler decide our fate? 

Thank you, I can count.   If I die and scum kill another tonight, that's 3:1:1 assuming no conversions.  Y'all will continue this nonsense tomorrow since obviously scum and/or Traveler is pulling the strings and two more townies will die, that's 1:1:1

Well I can count but stubtraction isn't my strongest talent :laugh:

Who knows, maybe the mystery scroll is a killing action :shrug_confused:

11 minutes ago, Marwyyn said:

*snip*

This is the prime example of what I mean by a post that exists, yet provides and says nothing to the conversation. So Marwyyn can look at her post count of 74 (!) and say "wowzers, look how active I've been!" to all of us. 

Yada yada.

Why the hell is Eeyara the subject now? Because she was a "leak" on the day three scroll? 

FYI the Traveler voted for Nerrio yesterday (day four), and told me day three that the person who sent the day three scroll was likely scum.

59 minutes ago, Tameekys said:

I notice that Zandder and Araveea have disappeared after voting for me. Araveea has the credit and benefit of the doubt for bringing us a scum, Zandder doesn't. 

I am still confident on my vote for Zandder. I can trust probably half the people left remaining. I'd rather not split the vote here today, though. I'd like to see Cadd and Luxxon cast their votes, lest they are penalized for it tomorrow. 

I’m here. Watching closely. No fear about me being penalised.

A thought from last night laying awake.

Araveea knew who the traveller was before Marwyyn told her. She asked me before Eeyara did how Scaboweewah learnt about the unlynch scroll. I replied I didn’t know there was one until she asked, but then rechecked PMs with Eeyara where she did tell me what the scroll was and I hadn’t paid attention to it. Her investigation result predates the possible traitor recall night two. If the investigator trusted her and brought her coralaazes scum result, she could have got in contact with scum to be recruited that night. She would have had to reveal the result, but would have argued caution, delaying the reveal as long as possible. 
oh wait, that’s what happened isn’t it? 
and the investigator is likely dead and can not confirm anything...

I trust Tameekys now, and I’m not going to vote for myself, so let’s 

vote:Eeyara

Luxxon or Zandder can break the tie. They each know more than they’ve said.

Just now, Marwyyn said:

Yada yada.

Why the hell is Eeyara the subject now? Because she was a "leak" on the day three scroll? 

FYI the Traveler voted for Nerrio yesterday (day four), and told me day three that the person who sent the day three scroll was likely scum.

So vote for the day three scroll sender.

make the case instead of posting memes

Just now, Cadd said:

So vote for the day three scroll sender.

make the case instead of posting memes

I don't know exactly who the day three scroll sender is, but I strongly assumed it was Nerrio. Which btw is what I already just said.

Strange. you told me in PMs that Araveea sent the day three scroll.

Who’s lying? You, the traveller or Araveea?