Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

6 hours ago, Mischief managed said:

My daughters (7 and 3) and I just bought DA together and are currently building it. My 7-year-old is a Potterhead like me and has most of the recent sets. We are currently making landscape plates for the sets for her to play. 
We already love the details of DA. 
Do any of you have any suggestions as to where I can find inspiration for a brick wall entrance? Thank you in advance.

I have enjoyed reading here the past couple of months ?

Look back on page 595, there were several versions shared.

So when I track my DA, FedEx still only has “shipment information sent to Fedex/label created”.  That’s over 48 hours since I received the shipping email. At this rate I’m not going to be getting it by the 9th.  Oh well, I still have the Disney Castle to build.

24 minutes ago, Myprecious said:

So when I track my DA, FedEx still only has “shipment information sent to Fedex/label created”.  That’s over 48 hours since I received the shipping email. At this rate I’m not going to be getting it by the 9th.  Oh well, I still have the Disney Castle to build.

Same here, although it still says the estimated delivery date is today but I’m not expecting that to actually happen 

Edited by Balrogofmorgoth

35 minutes ago, Myprecious said:

9 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Same here, although it still says the estimated delivery date is today but I’m not expecting that to actually happen 

Same. I can’t stop checking the window for the FedEx guy. If I’m being honest, I don’t think they will arrive before Tuesday.

9 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Same. I can’t stop checking the window for the FedEx guy. If I’m being honest, I don’t think they will arrive before Tuesday.

22 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Can’t wait for you guys to finally get it! It’ll feel like Christmas Day :blush: 

2 hours ago, RODDY said:

I’m not too worried about the CMF being 12 in regards to Lego Harry Potter. We have most of the characters,  I think the most notable ones left to do would probably be Rita, Karakoraf, Aberforth, OoTP Sirius, Purple Haired Tonks, a gold variant of Lockhart, Werewolf Lupin, Xenophilius, and Percy Weasley. Young Mauraders would be cool too. Narcissa will probably come in a set next year so I’m not worried about her. But yeah I don’t what other ones that wouldn’t be too obscure be in the next CMF. 

From all the characters released pre-2018, the only ones of which we haven't had new versions are: Narcissa, Karkaroff, Crabbe, Goyle, Peeves, Werewolf Lupin and Shark Krum. I would expect at least one new figure for these in future (Crabbe may be a bit problematic. Not sure how the issues surrounding an actor would affect the inclusion of a minifig).

There was also a merman, some non-named goblins and a big-fig troll. I would mind to see re-releases of those as well.

26 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

FedEx just pulled up and I got really hyped but he only dropped off the Hagrid and Buckbeak GWP. No DA

Have you guys seen Brickfinder's DA set up? He stacked them up and it kinda gives a Ninjago City vibe! Really cool idea

16 minutes ago, Modal said:

Have you guys seen Brickfinder's DA set up? He stacked them up and it kinda gives a Ninjago City vibe! Really cool idea

I was kinda excited to see what he would do with this set but I'm gonna have to be brutally honest here and say that I can't look at this and tell myself this looks good :def_shrug:

2 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I was kinda excited to see what he would do with this set but I'm gonna have to be brutally honest here and say that I can't look at this and tell myself this looks good :def_shrug:

Actually I was wrong, he was just reposting it it's actually by Brickdance. Either way I think it's a cool idea but not fleshed out enough to really stick the landing. With some edits though I could see some potential!

I really hope my DA does actually get here tonight. I have off tomorrow for Labor Day so it would be the perfect day to build. If it gets here during the week, I’ll have to try to wait until next weekend to build. 

My DA is on the slow shipping path as well, with so many orders I cannot find any logic to it! I had two pre-orders ship the same day, Hedwig and the Razorcrest. The Razorcrest I got yesterday, the two Hedwig's for my girls wont come til Wednesday and they left at the same time, and are coming two very different routes.

I am most concerned for mt AT order. It is the only order that has not shipped at all, and is my only order that got the GWP. I am not sure why this would need to ship multiple days after DA, when it was ordered 5 minutes after! I really want that GWP shipping confirmation!

I'm still wishing that anything would ship from LEGO in Australia. Has anyone in AUS actually had their sets shipped yet?

46 minutes ago, chris6507 said:

I'm still wishing that anything would ship from LEGO in Australia. Has anyone in AUS actually had their sets shipped yet?

Nope, no sign of anything happening yet.

I wouldn’t mind the 12 minifig series...if we didn’t get the trio. Or Dumbledore. Or Neville. Or Luna. That’s half the series really got there. Although, I guess waiting to see who we get in the next wave before saying who should come in the hypothetical third series. There’s still a number of characters we need. Maybe even an Arthur to fill in the gap of DA. 

1 hour ago, chris6507 said:

I've heard of copies being ordered via the Chadstone Lego store website and getting delivered, but not sure about the official Lego store yet..

Well, I never got my DA today even though the estimated delivery date is still today...but it’s 8:15pm so fat chance of that happening. Very disappointing. It shipped on the 3rd and still no updates after a label was created. 

1 minute ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

Well, I never got my DA today even though the estimated delivery date is still today...but it’s 8:15pm so fat chance of that happening. Very disappointing. It shipped on the 3rd and still no updates after a label was created. 

I’m still in the same boat with you. I wonder what is going on... I don’t typically order directly from LEGO. Is this normal?

21 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m still in the same boat with you. I wonder what is going on... I don’t typically order directly from LEGO. Is this normal?

No it’s not. Typically tracking information is very up to date and estimated delivery dates are accurate. On the FedEx website, my delivery date changed to “pending” even though on Lego’s website it still says it’s today. Such an odd situation and disappointing

Having almost finished DA, I am very excited about the prospect of getting Gringotts in a future wave (hopefully in 2021). When can we expect initial leaks regarding next year's sets? I believe we got the first bits of info about this year's wave back in January.

4 minutes ago, Terrasher said:

Having almost finished DA, I am very excited about the prospect of getting Gringotts in a future wave (hopefully in 2021). When can we expect initial leaks regarding next year's sets? I believe we got the first bits of info about this year's wave back in January.

If the toy fairs take place in some way we might get the first set descriptions by the end of January which marks the Nuremberg toy fair ?

Just out of curiosity (and not selling mine. :-D), for those who are wanting to make Hufflepuff and Ravenclaw teams, how much would you pay for extra torsos/figures? I'm personally not looking at making full teams or anything, but I have spent $12 to buy capes for my two mannequins in the set! :-D I'll probably get the capes before the set! Haha.

One other question i'm curious about, how many and which students have you all made customs of over the last couple of years? Personally my list including figures made, but not in basic uniforms i've made the following:

Vincenct Crabbe - Gregory Goyle - Cedric Diggory - Dean Thomas - Neville Longbottom - Ginny Weasley - Fred & George Weasley - Lavender Brown - Blaize Zabini - Pansy Parkinson - Colin Creevey - Justin Finch Fletchley - Lisa Turpin - Leanne - Romilda Vane - Fay Dunbar - Patil Twins - Hannah Abbott (Before LEGO Made one) - Michael Corner

Also done some of these in year 3, Herboligy and Quidditch robes too, but these are all the ones i've done in basic sweaters.

18 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

No it’s not. Typically tracking information is very up to date and estimated delivery dates are accurate. On the FedEx website, my delivery date changed to “pending” even though on Lego’s website it still says it’s today. Such an odd situation and disappointing

Mine is now “pending” in some place called Romeoville, Illinois... I still have to finish building the new bookshelf I’m going to display it on, and I’ll be spending most of tomorrow with family, so I can wait another day or two. It’s still very frustrating and confusing, though.

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

Mine is now “pending” in some place called Romeoville, Illinois... I still have to finish building the new bookshelf I’m going to display it on, and I’ll be spending most of tomorrow with family, so I can wait another day or two. It’s still very frustrating and confusing, though.

I believe Romeoville is where the sets ship from