Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

29 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

This is going to sound stupid (and forgive me if it is, but I haven’t really looked at the astronomy tower set much) but is that greenhouse custom or part of the AT set? ?

The greenhouse is part of the Astronomy Tower set. I think they included it here to represent the scene when Harry catches Slughorn stealing Tentacula leaves.

@TheRandomBlocker I’m so glad you are back on the forum - you were our hero last year and I so appreciate the sacrifices you made for this group. Unfortunately, since you’ve been gone there has been a lot of snarkiness and minimod behavior that has developed here.

I feel bad for the new folks joining who should always feel free to ask any questions they want without the fear of being ridiculed or shamed for not knowing the answer. 

This is a safe space for everyone and there are no dumb questions! Let’s all try to be a bit more respectful.

3 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

The greenhouse is part of the Astronomy Tower set. I think they included it here to represent the scene when Harry catches Slughorn stealing Tentacula leaves.

Ah, I didn’t know that, that’s the set I’m least interested in so haven’t really had much of a look at it tbh, thank you for your reply ☺️

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m so glad you are back on the forum - you were our hero last year and I so appreciate the sacrifices you made for this group. Unfortunately, since you’ve been gone there has been a lot of snarkiness and minimod behavior that has developed here.

I’m glad to hear that, it’s good to be back, but today has definitely reminded me of why I left in the first place lmao, same person too I believe ?

4 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I feel bad for the new folks joining who should always feel free to ask any questions they want without the fear of being ridiculed or shamed for not knowing the answer. 

This is a safe space for everyone and there are no dumb questions! Let’s all try to be a bit more respectful.

I definitely want to reinforce this, if anyone, new or old member, wants to ask me a question, or anyone else for that matter, you will mostly be met with kindness

hopefully today hasn’t put anyone off asking questions because (as you said) there are no dumb questions, just dumb answers

Feel free to ask any questions, and if someone makes you feel bad ignore them ☺️

1 hour ago, sebastian666 said:

I assume it will be Great Hall, Clock Tower, Whomping Willow, Astronomy Tower. 

I added the Potions room from the Whomping Willow set to the Great Hall to make a smoother transition to the Clocktower’s Yule Ball room.

My set up will ultimately look like this:

lego-harry-potter-75969-erweiterung.jpg

But do you see how in this picture the base of the Astronomy Tower is attached at the front. The pin holes are towards the back with the whole side being open, so in reality it would look awkward and open if attached like this

3 minutes ago, Balrogofmorgoth said:

But do you see how in this picture the base of the Astronomy Tower is attached at the front. The pin holes are towards the back with the whole side being open, so in reality it would look awkward and open if attached like this

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. There are pin holes should line up perfectly based on the images I’ve seen. Do you have a photo you could share?

All my boxes and instructions are away rn, do they include layouts for the ideal layout for the sets? Atm I’ve got my Great Hall in the middle with the smaller sets expanding from either side, but I dunno if that’s ideal

should probably say that I have the display from the inside rather than outside

10 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

All my boxes and instructions are away rn, do they include layouts for the ideal layout for the sets? Atm I’ve got my Great Hall in the middle with the smaller sets expanding from either side, but I dunno if that’s ideal

should probably say that I have the display from the inside rather than outside

This is LEGO‘s official recommendation for how to connect the GH, WW, and CT:

L1QUrcnxgPLTDHr-Xbf8KP0-iqNdynspBU7gxtQO

Just now, sebastian666 said:

This is LEGO‘s official recommendation for how to connect the GH, WW, and CT:

Ah, gotcha, damn, I don’t have that much space unfortunately, might try and rejig then once I get whichever sets this wave connect to it ?, I’ve got it on a TV unit so I’m very limited to space, plus I need someone to put all my figures and customs ??

17 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

I’m not sure I understand what you mean. There are pin holes should line up perfectly based on the images I’ve seen. Do you have a photo you could share?

I'm not @Balrogofmorgoth but I'm pretty sure he's referring to the pins on the side of the Astronomy Tower being in the back. If you look at the bottom right of this picture you'll see the pin holes are at the open backside of the Tower, in order to create the setup you've posted those exact holes need to be at the front of the tower :wink:

75969_alt4.jpg

5 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

I'm not @Balrogofmorgoth but I'm pretty sure he's referring to the pins on the side of the Astronomy Tower being in the back. If you look at the bottom right of this picture you'll see the pin holes are at the open backside of the Tower, in order to create the setup you've posted those exact holes need to be at the front of the tower :wink:

Could they have possibly repositioned them to the front for that picture? Without seeing the front I can’t tell if that’s a 1x2 or 1x1, if it’s a 1x1 surely you could change it so the open side wouldn’t be exposed ?

ah, and it seems to be hidden on the other picture, although it does look like it could be a 1x1 brick ?

Edited by TheRandomBlocker

1 minute ago, Guyon2002 said:

75969_alt4.jpg

I see. Thanks for sharing this. I’m still okay with the setup, though. I think all the castle sets will look great all lined up in a row like that. The clock tower is a perfect center piece. I am just baffled by thinking how much further they can extend Hogwarts next year... maybe we will just get a long aqueduct bridge to place in front of the castle where the Battle of Hogwarts can be played out? I could possibly see an Owlery set and maybe some more interior sets like the Room if Requirement, but not much more.

2 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

Could they have possibly repositioned them to the front for that picture? Without seeing the front I can’t tell if that’s a 1x2 or 1x1, if it’s a 1x1 surely you could change it so the open side wouldn’t be exposed ?

That’s a great idea! I can’t wait to get my hands on the set and start playing around with it. Hopefully Barnes & Noble in the US gets their stock on July 1 like last year. Waiting till August will be murder.

Just now, sebastian666 said:

I see. Thanks for sharing this. I’m still okay with the setup, though. I think all the castle sets will look great all lined up in a row like that. The clock tower is a perfect center piece. I am just baffled by thinking how much further they can extend Hogwarts next year... maybe we will just get a long aqueduct bridge to place in front of the castle where the Battle of Hogwarts can be played out? I could possibly see an Owlery set and maybe some more interior sets like the Room if Requirement, but not much more.

The RoR is quite integral to both the book and film of Deathly Hallows, so I could see us getting an expansion to that possibly with Black suit Draco, Blaise Zabini and maybe the trio in their DH outfits, would also be a way of us getting the Chamber without them having to do a new Basilisk, and they might do the bridge with an exploding feature with Seamus and Neville at least

2 minutes ago, sebastian666 said:

That’s a great idea! I can’t wait to get my hands on the set and start playing around with it. Hopefully Barnes & Noble in the US gets their stock on July 1 like last year. Waiting till August will be murder.

Unfortunately I’m gonna have to wait to get the more expensive sets because I can’t afford them rn, I think I’m probably gonna get the RoR and possibly Grawp set but I’m not 100% sure yet

Are the pillow slopes in the ravenclaw dorm really a light teal color or is it a weird shadow/reflection going on?

I’m just realizing how many food pieces are in this AT set BTW. 6 dragon tartare/cupcake thingies, 3 buns/cookies and 3 stroopwafels. Mhmm.

2 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Are the pillow slopes in the ravenclaw dorm really a light teal color or is it a weird shadow/reflection going on?

I’m just realizing how many food pieces are in this AT set BTW. 6 dragon tartare/cupcake thingies, 3 buns/cookies and 3 stroopwafels. Mhmm.

It's a rendering error, they're supposed to be white.

Btw I didn't know they had stroopwafels in Mexico too, I always thought that was just a Dutch thing (especially considering you used the dutch name for them) :laugh:

Didnt notice before they are literally eating dogshit in that party

24 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

75969_alt4.jpg

Yes this is exactly what I mean

2 minutes ago, Robert8 said:

Didnt notice before they are literally eating dogshit in that party

Really? Let's just say some 'shitty' jokes we're made when this set got revealed :wink:

17 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

would also be a way of us getting the Chamber without them having to do a new Basilisk

Why don't you think they'll make a new Basilisk? I really don't want to put up with the Great Hall one *oh2*

9 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

In the picture above it looks like they are sand green which would be a very odd combination together with the regular blue (or is it dark blue? I'm confused)...so I guess it's a weird reflection and they are white in fact :sweet:

4 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

In the picture above it looks like they are sand green which would be a very odd combination together with the regular blue (or is it dark blue? I'm confused)...so I guess it's a weird reflection and they are white in fact :sweet:

In the pic I posted earlier they are kinda blueish but if you look at the part of the slope you can see through the ''side-window'' it's definetely white. Just yet another error in LEGO's rendering

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Why don't you think they'll make a new Basilisk? I really don't want to put up with the Great Hall one

I just personally feel that if they can get away without putting a new one out then they will, and the way around that would be to do a Chamber set based on DH rather than CoS

9 minutes ago, TheRandomBlocker said:

I just personally feel that if they can get away without putting a new one out then they will, and the way around that would be to do a Chamber set based on DH rather than CoS

I totally forgot that the chamber appeared in DH again :look: With that in mind, it totally makes sense! I would prefer a CoS version though.

1 minute ago, 8fifty said:

I totally forgot that the chamber appeared in DH again :look: With that in mind, it totally makes sense! I would prefer a CoS version though.

I think everyone would tbh

13 minutes ago, Guyon2002 said:

It's a rendering error, they're supposed to be white.

Btw I didn't know they had stroopwafels in Mexico too, I always thought that was just a Dutch thing (especially considering you used the dutch name for them) :laugh:

I loove them, but I’ve only tried imported products. I’m pretty sure some of the higher end bakeries make them but I rarely ever come across one.

5 minutes ago, 8fifty said:

Unpopular opinion but I would’ve liked it hah. However, white does indeed make more sense.

2nd unpopular opinion: I like how the rooms are not enclosed, they remind me of the older Hogwarts rooms. But yeah I know the window frames in tan would’ve been best.

I doubt it will be much of a consolation for the American fans here but you guys are getting the new Hulkbuster and Avengers Tower sets 2 months before the rest of the world

1 hour ago, Otherworld said:

Don’t forget the chocolate fountain!

Add the Weasley family dinner, breakfast in the Great Hall from the polybag, and the floating cake from Privet Drive and we’ve got quite the collection of food this wave. And that’s not even taking into account whatever we’ll inevitably get from the advent calendar. 

27 minutes ago, Accio Lego said:

Don’t forget the chocolate fountain!

Add the Weasley family dinner, breakfast in the Great Hall from the polybag, and the floating cake from Privet Drive and we’ve got quite the collection of food this wave. And that’s not even taking into account whatever we’ll inevitably get from the advent calendar. 

Grawp's chicken wing: ''am I a joke to you?''