Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

2 minutes ago, Brick Clicker said:

The leaked torso has been confirmed to come from Arthur Wesley

If you mean that Lego Fan News has says 'It's from Arthur Weasley' then I wouldn't take that as confirmation. They are not always reliable and I seems they just posted that when the figure was first leaked and Arthur's name was mentioned.

When I first heard about the new Diagon Alley set not containing Gringotts or Borgin and Burkes, I was quite horrified. For me, Gringotts is the most iconic building in Diagon Alley - and after seeing little Harry with his outfit from that scene, I was ready to recreate it. But now that I've had some time to think about it, it makes sense. I know that this set is taking inspiration from the movies with the F&B Lockhart scene, but I think they are also taking inspiration from the Universal Studios set - in the same way that they made the Disney Castle and Train based on the Disney theme park attractions. As someone who has been to Universal Studios, it was an incredible experience and it will be amazing to be able to build it in Lego form. Also, like some people say, not everyone will be able to afford this set. So having Gringotts as a separate set makes sense so more children and casual fans are able to get it. It's also awesome to be able to get shops like QQS, which wouldn't have been possible in a set more like the previous Diagon Alley. 

While I think that Gringotts is a given, I also really hope that we get a Borgin and Burkes at some point. I love that shop, and it will have some nice "connections" to the Burrow and Astronomy Tower/RoR with the fireplace and Vanishing Cabinet. I will say that I hope Gringotts is not just a Burrow/Great Hall $90 type playset. I hope it's given the D2C (or whatever the right term is) treatment at about $130/150. Even though we don't even have DA yet, I can't stop thinking about Hogsmeade and how gorgeous that would look as a Lego set :wub:. I imagine it would be cheaper than DA as there as less-known buildings. But I truly hope that's coming in a year or two.

I was also pretty bummed about the last 7 CMF figure to be revealed, and how they are a lot less exciting than the ones on the packet. But now that DA is likely to have Lockhart, Lucius and there's a possibility of Rita, I feel less worried. I am not giving up hope on Cat Hermione, Crabbe, Goyle, Fang and Pomfrey yet! And all of the figures are pretty nice (that trio will fit nicely into a Hogsmeade set at some point :wink:). 

I keep thinking about the future of Harry Potter D2Cs. I desperately hope we get a minifig-Hogwarts at some point. I remember dreaming about 2018's Hogwarts and imaging the interior in a similar style to the Disney Castle. And then it dropped, and it was micro-scale. :sad: I regret buying it and was contemplating selling it, but I'm going to keep a hold of it and perhaps it will earn me some money back once it is retired. Regarding the potential of a D2C minifig-scale Hogwarts, I would love it be Christmas-themed. And we could get a horse-drawn carriage like in the first movie and lots of big Christmas trees. It obviously couldn't cover the entirety of Hogwarts Castle, but they could focus on some main parts like Gryffindor Common Room and the dormitories. And they could add in some Easter eggs like Filch's office. Ugh I would die if something like this happened. I set myself up for disappointment. :excited::iamded_lol: Lots of people object to a D2C minifig-style Hogwarts, but my life won't be complete without one. There are details that playsets just can never capture. I really hope HP sticks around long enough to start repeating sets and giving multiple versions of locations, like Star Wars does. If DA becomes a good seller like the Hogwarts did, I can see Lego doing more.

One thing I was thinking about is if the Great Hall is discontinued, what will the next version be if HP sticks around as a theme? When Belle's castle got remade this year, they did a Christmas themed version. I was thinking about how a Yule Ball theme could have worked, if they hadn't put this in the Clock Tower. But I'm sure Lego will work something out. 

It's an amazing time to be a Lego Harry Potter fan! I remember all those years where I literally had dreams about HP Lego coming back as a theme (yes, I'm sad) after I sold all my old childhood sets (I used to own every single set ever made :sad:). And now here we are. :grin_wub:

P.S. I watched Crimes of Grindelwald yesterday, after avoiding it because of the negative reviews. And oh my God I simply adored it! I love this franchise, and I really hope there will be no problems making the remaining films (because of the virus and the backlash against JK, and some of the actors' bad behaviour). I loved how the cast was very diverse racially, and how they didn't shy away from Dumbledore and Grindelwald's relationship (even if it was done in an understated way) - even though I want to see more of it! Leta is up there with Hermione in my favourite characters list, now. I would loooove new sets and minifgures based on this series. And some baby nifflers! :innocent2:

8 minutes ago, BacktoBricks said:

If you mean that Lego Fan News has says 'It's from Arthur Weasley' then I wouldn't take that as confirmation. They are not always reliable and I seems they just posted that when the figure was first leaked and Arthur's name was mentioned.

Yep, they also posted that minifigure list a couple days back and deleted it when everyone called the source out for being fake :laugh_hard:

4 minutes ago, YetiZombie said:

Yep, they also posted that minifigure list a couple days back and deleted it when everyone called the source out for being fake :laugh_hard:

I am quite good friends with him and he seems to get his stuff from legit sources but with anyone not everything turns out to be true

8 minutes ago, sammy_zammy said:

On the renders for the minifigures... why have they gone with some strange hybrid of actual Lego body movement and the Lego game free body movement? Look at Harry’s neck lol

https://brickset.com/article/53258/harry-potter-series-2-minifigures-officially-revealed#.XzqN6ij99M4.facebook

Yeah, I noticed that too. It really bothers me :sceptic:

Do you guys think we're getting more than 15 minifigs for the upcoming DA? :grin:

1 hour ago, BacktoBricks said:

Florean is quite obscure, but if we are getting figures of people such as Barnabus Cuffe or the photographer then I hope it's a sign that the minifigure count might exceed our expectations. :excited:

Uh, I really hope so. I wouldn’t like having several obscure characters and some of the most important variants missing :/

40 minutes ago, LetaLestrange said:

I keep thinking about the future of Harry Potter D2Cs. I desperately hope we get a minifig-Hogwarts at some point. I remember dreaming about 2018's Hogwarts and imaging the interior in a similar style to the Disney Castle.

We already had a discussion about this some months ago and I can barely remember that there were a lot of people who weren't a fan of this idea. I personally couldn't agree more to what you say! It might indeed be a question of how long this theme is supposed to last. I'd consider it more realistic that we'll get a Hogsmeade D2C first (not to forget the UCS Dobby's Sock! ?) But dependent on how many remaining years we will be fed with more HP sets, it's not completely impossible that we'll get at least one part of the castle as a very detailed minifig scale D2C set ?

Nah don’t worry, all your favorite characters will come in future year D2C’s, this set is to flesh out the alley :wink:

15 minutes ago, Nerks said:

Do you guys think we're getting more than 15 minifigs for the upcoming DA? :grin:

I hope 18 minimum. The inclusion of these obscure characters is worrying me (they might only be like 3 I know) accurate and all but I don’t care much for them.

11 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

I hope 18 minimum. The inclusion of these obscure characters is worrying me (they might only be like 3 I know) accurate and all but I don’t care much for them.

having the same thought, given the price tag. :shrug_oh_well: fingers crossed

The Diagon Alley sounds exciting, hopefully it lives up to my expectations.

I'll have to save up for it though...

That leaked figure IMO looks more like the photographer or the Daily Prophet guy rather than Arthur Weasley to be honest ? but, if the figure is "complete" i feel like the photographer has to be excluded since we can't see his beard

Either way let's hope for more leaks soon!

i feel like we should be getting a lot of figures considering DA is gonna be 1 metre long, i’d say at least 18 well detailed figures

Edited by josh_a_123

Just now, josh_a_123 said:

i feel like we should be getting a lot of figures considering DA is gonna be 1 metre long

Unless their going for the Half Blood Prince look. :head_back:

1 minute ago, BacktoBricks said:

Unless their going for the Half Blood Prince look. :head_back:

It looks like they’re doing a blend of years. We know there’s going to be 1st year stuff (Ollivander’s, leaked Harry), a 2nd year scene (Magical Me covers and poster on the sticker sheet), and a building only present in 6th year (Weasleys Wizarding Wheezes), so I imagine they’ll go big with the minifigures to emulate the early look of the Alley (after all, you can always remove pedestrians to give it the more abandoned wartime look, but it’s hard to add pedestrians in a theme where casual clothes are so different from real life). 

9 minutes ago, SupesBatsy said:

That leaked figure IMO looks more like the photographer or the Daily Prophet guy rather than Arthur Weasley to be honest ? but, if the figure is "complete" i feel like the photographer has to be excluded since we can't see his beard

Then it could be Barnabas, but his google images are soo potato. Does anyone know if his only image available is in the Leaky Cauldron or F&B?

The only thing which is missing in new DA is Gringotts Bank. It is such an iconic building. I have old DA from 2011, so I think I’m gonna somehow rebuild it, to match the new DA

30 minutes ago, Otherworld said:

Then it could be Barnabas, but his google images are soo potato. Does anyone know if his only image available is in the Leaky Cauldron or F&B?

Neither. The only image we have of Barnabas Cuffe comes from the scene where Slughorn meets Harry in HBP and he’s showing Harry all his framed photos of famous former Slug Club Members. Cuffe, Slughorn says, “always takes my owl, should I wish to register an opinion on the news of the day.” Slughorn also spends quite a bit of time talking about Gwenog Jones, Captain of the Holyhead Harpies. She would be a great minifig to get with QQS and, as a Black woman, she’d bring some diversity to the minifig lineup. We already got some Holyhead Harpies gear in Ginny’s Burrow Bedroom - it would be cool to get a jersey or some robes.

295d3e9a-8db2-452d-a62a-15ac1e416d1a_scr

On ‎8‎/‎13‎/‎2020 at 4:31 AM, Blazej_Holen said:

That's an amazing price

Hogwarts is an even better price...