Captain Nemo

Harry Potter 2020 - Rumors & Discussion

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

Yeah, he kept the merchandising rights for those films the whole way through, so even when they weren't being made, he was still making money from all the toys. Crazy

Him still making money from the toys while there aren't any movies coming out is actually really smart. But letting toy sales determine the story is not a great idea

Just now, Guyon2002 said:

Him still making money from the toys while there aren't any movies coming out is actually really smart. But letting toy sales determine the story is not a great idea

Agreed. I don't like Return of the Jedi as much as most of the others, anyway, and I preferred Han's story in Force Awakens, so there we go

I read on Instagram that the reason they didn't make any more CoG sets is because of Dumbledore and Grindlewald's relationship and Lego not wanting to promote a same-sex relationship to kids. If this is true as a gay Lego fan I am quite offended when they can make sets based on the Simpsons and Stranger Things with adult themes. Not enough for me to boycott the 2020 range but I think it's dumb.:angry:

Just now, UKFan922 said:

I read on Instagram that the reason they didn't make any more CoG sets is because of Dumbledore and Grindlewald's relationship and Lego not wanting to promote a same-sex relationship to kids. If this is true as a gay Lego fan I am quite offended when they can make sets based on the Simpsons and Stranger Things with adult themes. Not enough for me to boycott the 2020 range but I think it's dumb.:angry:

I wouldn't think that's true, especially if the only source is that people said it on IG. I guess we'd know for sure when the third movie comes out if they decide to make sets or not. I think they just didn't sell well enough to make more than the two they did.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

Surely not because the film itself only dares to hint at it in spite of J.K.'s tweets. 

Just now, UKFan922 said:

That's definetely not true. We're not getting more CoG sets because the FB sets sold poorly and the movie itself wasn't well received

That's definetely not true. We're not getting more CoG sets because the FB sets sold poorly and the movie itself wasn't well received

That's a shame, I personally loved the film and would've loved to see more. I hope that the third film isn't too much of a corse correction, but I would definitely like more sets, or maybe just another few minifigs in the next cmf

5 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

tbh, thats megablocks (I don't know if this world is bannable, so sorry)

edit; okay, it's censored, but that's not truth

Edited by fanoflego2409

Just now, RealGeronimo11 said:

That's a shame, I personally loved the film and would've loved to see more. I hope that the third film isn't too much of a corse correction, but I would definitely like more sets, or maybe just another few minifigs in the next cmf

My feelings about CoG are similar to my feelings about the Star Wars sequels: I enjoy it but there are some major flaws and missed opportunities I just can't ignore

4 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

I would be too but the first fantastic beasts movie just got one set and the same happened with the second one so basically there's nothing weird happening. In addition, you still have Grindelwald and Dumbledore in different sets the same way you have almost-dead Cedric in a different set from the Graveyard one.

I guess with CoG you would have to scale down the locations completely. Like the French MoM or the Lestrange Crypt. Though they could do a Zouwu.

OK well maybe it was someone lying or starting drama. I still want Jacob's bakery from the fist movie as a set.

If they ever do remake a HP videogame I hope they keep FB separate personally.

Just now, UKFan922 said:

OK well maybe it was someone lying or starting drama. I still want Jacob's bakery from the fist movie as a set.

If they ever do remake a HP videogame I hope they keep FB separate personally.

I would love to have anything from 1920 New York tbh

I guess they would separate them the same way they differentiate the Skywalker Saga from Rogue One or Solo (if im not mistaken)

2 minutes ago, UKFan922 said:

This ???? It’s my next MOC! 

I personally loved both FB sets - the suitcase really over-delivered on my expectations (they weren’t high!). I never understood either why LEGO didn’t do a DADA classroom set with Youngledore, young Newt and Leta. It’s an iconic location from the HP films and the boggart scene is a really notable scene from the third HP film. So you’d get most HP fans picking up one to recreate a HP scene. Seemed like an obvious no-brainer to me but LEGO maybe missed the boat here! 

I personally hope for more FB sets. I’d love to see more brickbuilt beasts because I love Frank the Thunderbird and the Occamy builds. 

Just now, AdriWho said:

I would love to have anything from 1920 New York tbh

I guess they would separate them the same way they differentiate the Skywalker Saga from Rogue One or Solo (if im not mistaken)

Rogue One and Solo are not going to be in the main game, they might come as DLC but we don't know yet

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I personally loved both FB sets - the suitcase really over-delivered on my expectations (they weren’t high!). I never understood either why LEGO didn’t do a DADA classroom set with Youngledore, young Newt and Leta. It’s an iconic location from the HP films and the boggart scene is a really notable scene from the third HP film. So you’d get most HP fans picking up one to recreate a HP scene. Seemed like an obvious no-brainer to me but LEGO maybe missed the boat here! 

I personally hope for more FB sets. I’d love to see more brickbuilt beasts because I love Frank the Thunderbird and the Occamy builds. 

Yeah the FB from the suitcase set are really awesome, I love them! And I agree on the boggart scene, it was indeed a no-brainer to do 

It seems like almost all of the summer sets have been officially revealed, I see them on multiple Official lego fan media sites.

is this true or am I just being too hopefull that harry potter will be revealed soon...

Rogue One and Solo are not going to be in the main game, they might come as DLC but we don't know yet

I would love to get new content but I guess that including Solo and R.O. would be counterproductive since there're not any Skywalker as main characters...

Just now, Scarlet_Patronus said:

I can see how a flashback within a prequel might be just a bit too far from the main storyline to warrant its own set, but now I'm picturing a 2-in-1 desk/dragon build that could be truly amazing!

If I could pick just one scene from CoG that I'd want to see as a set, though - Circus Arcanus, hands down (with a brick-built Zouwu, of course). I was genuinely a bit surprised something like that wasn't in the August 2019 wave.

Just now, Kid Flash said:

is this true or am I just being too hopefull that harry potter will be revealed soon...

If not, there's just less than a month to go :)

2 minutes ago, Kid Flash said:

It seems like almost all of the summer sets have been officially revealed, I see them on multiple Official lego fan media sites.

It seems like that because all of the summer sets actually have been revealed. Harry Potter should come soon

Just now, tafkatb said:

If I could pick just one scene from CoG that I'd want to see as a set, though - Circus Arcanus, hands down (with a brick-built Zouwu, of course). I was genuinely a bit surprised something like that wasn't in the August 2019 wave.

I'd love that! A small circus and brickbuilt Zouwu, Tina, Kama, Skender, Credence and Nagini (human, maybe snake too) for about 50? Considering the Zouwu isn't as large as the 3 other beasts combined I think adding an extra figure for the same price is reasonable.

Edited by Guyon2002

Just now, AdriWho said:

If not, there's just less than a month to go :)

luckily... 

Does anbody know when lego usually reveals the new sets? or is there just no set time?

I'd love that! A small circus and brickbuilt Zouwu, Tina, Kama, Skender, Credence and Nagini (human, maybe snake too) for about 50? Considering the Zouwu isn't as large as the 3 other beasts combined I think adding an extra figure for the same price is reasonable.

If the circus tent uses a fabric piece, I'm on it! :D

2 minutes ago, tafkatb said:

I can see how a flashback within a prequel might be just a bit too far from the main storyline to warrant its own set, but now I'm picturing a 2-in-1 desk/dragon build that could be truly amazing!

I would love the Circus too!! I think more FB sets would create more variation amongst the Wizarding World theme - and which kids wouldn’t want a magical circus set with a huge beast, even if they hadn’t seen the film?

Edited by Scarlet_Patronus

It seems like that because all of the summer sets actually have been revealed. Harry Potter should come soon

Thanks, I always think they are leaks or something, so 'till now I always waited for something from lego themselves to know if they have been revealed