Sign in to follow this  
The Brick Boss

Toy Story Discussion

I thought since I haven't seen any threads on this, I'd start one. I wonder if I'm the only one who prefers the current Toy Story minifigures over the older ones. 

I don't like the new heads very much. The dot eyes don't work very well for them and the normal arms and legs ruin the scale between the characters as well as the proportions of the ones, that used them before. At best they look like ordinary people wearing costumes. Especially Buzz' poorly printed head looks bad in my opinion compared to the one you get if you combine the printed arms from the cmf with the moulded head. The torso prints for the new Woody and Jessie are prettier than the old ones. If i can manage to get the beltprint of my old Woodys legs it will improve the combined figure. Ham hasn't changed. He was and still is great. Rex' new print looks like eyebrowes. The mould is still awesome. The blue Bunny would look much better as a mould like Lotso. The Ducky is much too small. Forky is well made.

@pooda, I think it's because we have different goals. You try to integrate things into your city, I'm trying to create a realistic yet charming Disney world, so the accuracy of the 2010 characters suits me better than the 2019 ones. :) That said, @Gorilla94is right. The new torsos are nice.If I could figure out how to have Woody have the old head, new torso, long legs, and arms, I probably would. In fact, I took an extra CMF Buzz, gave him the molded head, and had the perfect one for me.

15 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

pooda, I think it's because we have different goals. You try to integrate things into your city,

That is exactly what I do with my builds. In my City, Woody and Jessie have a horseback riding program and Buzz works at the space research center as an astronaut trainer. 

I also agree that the new torsos are better. 

19 minutes ago, Modeltrainman said:

I'm trying to create a realistic yet charming Disney world, so the accuracy of the 2010 characters suits me better than the 2019 ones.

That's understandable. So if you're going to make s Disney world then you'd need the taller Woody. He'd be like a mascot. 

Actually, I'm doing it in a way where themselves as opposed to mascots, and everyone exists in it together, but, you're right. Still need the taller ones. And if any humans(besides Sam Flynn) visit, those'd be normal minifig sized.

Edited by Modeltrainman

10 hours ago, pooda said:

I thought since I haven't seen any threads on this, I'd start one.

Well, there are already two well-established topics for such, one for 2009-2010 theme and one for this year's "Juniors" sets for the fourth film...

Sure, but it seems like a missed opportunity to have further discussion of the theme that connected back to old discussion. Personally, I’d have been inclined to discuss the new stuff in the old thread (including mention of the minifigures from the first wave of Disney Minifigures three and a half years ago).