Sign in to follow this  
Nalyd997

[MOC] 42110 B Model - 'Defendergraph'

Hey everyone,

As soon as I saw the defender set and heard about its ambitious gearbox I knew I was gonna get it! Loved the set but felt that it didn't show off its engineering enough so I set off on building a B model for it.

49072098833_306457194a_z.jpg

49072624751_6c5354d07c_z.jpg

It has two speed gearboxes for each arm and a four speed gearbox for the turntable. 

49072832412_c10ea31f25_z.jpg

Still has a few tweaks needed but for the most part all major mechanisms are in place. It's based off the design of my V2 spirograph which makes use of the sets differentials. I was worried about the stability of it as it is hand cranked, however I was pleasantly surprised with the results. The finished prints almost hide imperfections when viewed as a whole. 

49072098788_f819f54776_z.jpg49072624676_8fd7ddba56_z.jpg

I love this set, looking forward to see what others come up with. Once I am happy with everything I will make some intsructions and a full video of it, just wanted to share it with you all. Peace:)

Hey everyone! A lot has happened since I first shared this one. I found a way to access an additional speed out of the setup, and I also changed one of the gear ratios to access even more different patterns. I even had time to make a video and instructions, crazy times indeed. These are the first instructions I have made with studio, super happy with the result! Here is a link to instructions: https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-39639/JEPPO/42110-b-model-the-defendergraph/?inventory=1#comments

Hope we're all doing well at the moment and getting to spend some time with our Lego!

On 11/18/2019 at 2:12 PM, iLego said:

Nice to see an unconventional C model ! Should be a lot of fun.

I love unconventional technic stuff! Technic is already considered unconventional in Australia so this makes it really unconventional haha. Instructions are up now if you want to have a go:)

On 11/19/2019 at 2:09 AM, ian74 said:

This is incredibly clever!  Really cool.

Cheers, glad you like it :thumbup:

On 11/20/2019 at 3:04 AM, cyberdyne systems said:

Really unexpected thing to be made out of Land Rover! Interesting, is it right to call it C-model if the original set has no B-model at all? ;)

Yeah why not? Milan's trophy truck is probably more of a b model than this though!