Officially ANerd

Bigger Train Wheels

I need large train wheels for a MOC I'm working on and no Lego pieces are big enough, are there any techniques for bigger train wheels preferably between 5x5 and 6x6? (I don't want to use fake parts)

Well. it depends on what you mean with "fake parts"...
Of course there are Shupp's XXL wheels with 43.2 mm diameter (+ flange). As Lego doesn't produce large train wheels, custom parts like these are widely regarded as acceptable in the Lego train community.

There are also larger train wheel STL files on Thingiverse that you can 3D print yourself.  (Assuming they weren't part of that LEGO(R) take-down).

12 minutes ago, dr_spock said:

There are also larger train wheel STL files on Thingiverse that you can 3D print yourself.  (Assuming they weren't part of that LEGO(R) take-down).

Well, if you mean the wheels designed by Thomas from germany (nickame 5zu6 on Thingiverse) - they ARE part of the take-down...
But Thomas immediately created an alternative download possibility for the stl file:
https://blog.5zu6.de/das-rad-neu-erfunden-1/

3 hours ago, Tenderlok said:

Well. it depends on what you mean with "fake parts"...
Of course there are Shupp's XXL wheels with 43.2 mm diameter (+ flange). As Lego doesn't produce large train wheels, custom parts like these are widely regarded as acceptable in the Lego train community.

Ok thank you, I guess I'll just use non-lego parts because what I want to do is not possible other wise.