Berthil

Union 72 Amsterdam tram/streetcar

On 4/1/2020 at 4:24 AM, meliander said:

Your modulars and the tram station are some of the best MOCs I've ever seen. Can you share some tips on how you come up with such fantastic design and color schemes? Are you basing these on real-life buildings or this all come from imagination?

Thanks! The modulars and tram station I have created out of my imagination but I use Google images to look fo buildings the same theme and then mix up several images into a design.

For instance, this tram depot in The Hague Netherlands I used as inspiration :)

8ad4512f-ce59-4d19-894a-da9d06006535.jpg

Succeeded in adding a 88007 Boost distance and color sensor to the Tram. Here digitally but I've already build it in the actual Tram. Coming days I'll be testing if I can let the Tram drive autonomous with Tram Depot. Building instruction for the tram I have already finished and will publish again for free soon. Will keep you posted on progress...

49765969583_1bd044f53d_c.jpg

Edited by Berthil

Besides mockup suspension bits, the rusty bits are there to prevent pedestrians (Minifigs) get caught under the tram wheels. Safety attitude already in 1903! 

The tram/streetcar diorama is coming along well. Managed to automate the tram with a Powered Up color sensor, it stops/reverses at the red tiles. Also happy it runs well through my tram depot. Red tiles seem to work best, after that white and green tiles.

Link to FB as I only want to really publish when the diorama is finished.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/852993074715528/permalink/3518038084877667/

I've uploaded free instructions for the tram with color sensor to Rebrickable. Please note that parts are different from the inventory list for the tram with color sensor.
https://rebrickable.com/mocs/MOC-29846/BrickPolis/union-72-amsterdam-tramstreetcar/#bi

Check out my Tram Depot video to see the tram running with color sensor for automatic stops.