Sign in to follow this  
Pchan1983

REVIEW: 10267 Winter Village: Gingerbread House

Finally finished the build and here is my review on 10267 Gingerbread House:

THE GOOD:

• The Gingerbread House looks great and it surprisingly the right size! (The photo looks a bit over sized but love the end product.)
  • New version of the Gingerbread Minifigure.
  • Surprisingly detailed interior, love every aspects of it.
  • Very great use of the new glittering pieces for the windows.
  • Love the way the star is built on the Christmas tree

THE NOT SO GOOD:

• The roof can be a bit of a hassle to put together.
  • I wish there is an actual gingerbread baby figure.  (Still happy with a printed piece but just wanted more)

Overall, this is an excellent set and is one of the best winter village sets in recent years.  I totally will recommend this to everyone. I absolutely love the look of it.  Seriously thinking to buy another one to make a fully enclosed gingerbread house!

I'm glad you like it, I unfortunately do not share your opinion.  If in the future you do purchase 2 sets, suggest you consider leaving the back open, relocating the chimneys (you will have two now) to the side of the house (one each side) and expand on the very nice roof line of the set.  This moc would add at least two new rooms, suggest moving the bathroom to one (and expanding the existing bedroom) and for the ground floor.....move the kitchen and expand to one of the rooms and expand the existing living room.  Maybe in the new kitchen have them making a mini gingerbread house.  A lot of  the sets coming out recently have mini builds of structures (new Disney trains set has a mini train in the station, mini Lego city in the Assembly Square, etc.). 

Glad you like the set.  Looks like for AFOLs more like it then don't so should be a success for TLG.  Hope you enjoy it for many Holiday seasons to come.

On 9/29/2019 at 8:08 AM, LegoDW said:

If in the future you do purchase 2 sets, suggest you consider leaving the back open,

I was think more the style of the Haunted House and Simpson House.  like you can open it like a book and may be add some Hansel and Gretel's references =P