5150 Lego

Any Formula 1 racing fans out there?

Things look a little tough for Hamilton.

A punishment of +10 to his qualify in the next GP for ramming into Kimi.

Also Rosberg will be given the same +10 drop in the grid for collision during a red light in the pit area exit.

GO GO GO Renault - the time is NOW

KimT

The 10 spot penalty will really shake things up. My bet is that Lewis was drive like a maniac (as he always does when he's behind) and either get a podium spot or take someone out while trying to overtake them.

The 10 spot penalty will really shake things up. My bet is that Lewis was drive like a maniac (as he always does when he's behind) and either get a podium spot or take someone out while trying to overtake them.

He'll probably do as well as he did in the final race of last season :hmpf::grin::tongue:

Time for the blue and yellow cars to make the day (and white and orange :sick: )

KimT [crossing fingers for Alonso]

Time for the blue and yellow cars to make the day (and white and orange :sick: )

I think Renault will come good soon. Piquet had a pretty good race in Canada (compared to the rest of the season) and may have scored points if it wasn't for his brakes and Alonso has just been unlucky.

As much as i want to disagree with you, considering Hamiltions past when he has started in the middle of the grid, you might be right. I really hope he learns from this. He's proven that he is more than a talented driver, so if he can just keep his cool and understand that he doesn't nessasarly need to jump out in first on the first lap. This might be a hick up for Mclaren, but they by no means are out of the running....

He'll probably do as well as he did in the final race of last season :hmpf::grin::tongue:

..... Renault on the other hand, are still no better (actually worse) than they were. :tongue: This was a prime opertunity for Alonso to gain some spots and get some real point for both the drivers, and constructors championship. But as ussual, he is impatient, and causes his own spinout ending his race. Nelson did a bite better but i wouldn't exactly call going from 18th to 17th a a real improvment.

This really shows how much a change in points a DNF in a race can really affect things. Its really anyones season right now. Go Mclaren!!

Grand Prix of france is coming up. Should be interesting.

Think it may be hard for Lewis to win from his position on the grid today. Not to worried if he wins really i suppose - he is a very good driver and he's british but i am getting a little fed up with our tv's grand prix coverage turning into the lewis hamilton (and his dad) show. Would like to see Kovi do a bit better to be honest but i think he will struggle too after his penalty which i feel was a little harsh. he didn't really have anywhere to get out of the way and webber still posted a time good enuff to get through to Q3 so wheres the problem. if he had slowed webber so much he missed q3 fair comment but he didn't. Best thing that could happen would be rain to liven things up a bit. Still as long as mr personality - kimi raikkonen or worse still the ever petulant, big headed, sore loser that is alonso don't win i will be a happy man.....

Agreed, I can't stand ITV's coverage.

"Any way we have an exclusive interview with Lewis Hamilton, than a lap by lap guide with Lewis Hamilton, then a competition to win a fantastic trip to see Lewis Hamilton. As well as that the grand prix of France is on, how will Lewis fare this race? See more annoying talk about everyone's favourite driver Lewis Hamilton only on ITV. Lewis Lewis Lewis!"

^That is a small snippet of what it is like.

There is also a bias towards the German drivers on RTL (a German TV station covering all F1 events), but I don't feel it is unbearable. Actually. The insight given by watching this channel makes it my favorite. They even make sure the commercials are as little intrusive as possible by wither having the GP running in a small window while the commercials run, or make sure they are run in safety car periods or similar times.

It's a shame I can't watch the channel anymore.

The race looks interesting indeed. Trully up on P4! :cry_happy:

Think it may be hard for Lewis to win from his position on the grid today. Not to worried if he wins really i suppose - he is a very good driver and he's british but i am getting a little fed up with our tv's grand prix coverage turning into the lewis hamilton (and his dad) show. Would like to see Kovi do a bit better to be honest but i think he will struggle too after his penalty which i feel was a little harsh. he didn't really have anywhere to get out of the way and webber still posted a time good enuff to get through to Q3 so wheres the problem. if he had slowed webber so much he missed q3 fair comment but he didn't. Best thing that could happen would be rain to liven things up a bit. Still as long as mr personality - kimi raikkonen or worse still the ever petulant, big headed, sore loser that is alonso don't win i will be a happy man.....

I looked back at where Hinki suposoflly cut off webber in qualifing, and to be honest,i just don't see it. The call was defenatly harsh, as there were planty of other drivers that were in the same line as Hinki. As you said, Webber still madei t to Q3 so there shouldn't have been any problems. i also felt the stop and go penalty on lewis was also a bit questionable. Ya, he jumped part of the course, but he made no advancment in placment, and didn't affect anyones else's line. And what was with the exhaust coming off of Kimi's ferrari? While i'm happy to see that it didn't fly off and hit anyone, you can bet your megablocks if that was a McLaren car (even one of the ouncers said it themselfs) you could have bet they would have been forced in the pits to have it removed. Seems to be some favoratisim going on. :sceptic: Not cool. :thumbdown:

Congrats to Felipe for his win. Even happier to see Kovi take 4th place. Glad to see him getting up in the ranks. I figured that Lewis wouldn't do that well this race, but he did prove that he can move up spots, even when stuck in the middle, and back of the field. Don't giveup my man! Your still in it! :classic::thumbup:

It was defenatly great to see Nelson Piquet place in front of his team mate Alonso. Goesto show you what someone can really do when there job is in jepordy!

There is also a bias towards the German drivers on RTL (a German TV station covering all F1 events), but I don't feel it is unbearable. Actually. The insight given by watching this channel makes it my favorite. They even make sure the commercials are as little intrusive as possible by wither having the GP running in a small window while the commercials run, or make sure they are run in safety car periods or similar times.

It's a shame I can't watch the channel anymore.

The race looks interesting indeed. Trully up on P4! :cry_happy:

I heard this alot from many people. Channels that are covering the race show favoratisim to drivers from there country. The UK is espeaially found of Lewis Hamiltion but the worst iv'e heard is spain towards Fernando Alonso. Speed channel (North american coverage of F1)really doesn't have any favortisim torwards any driver. To bad some countries are baised. While i can defenatly understand giving support to your fellow countryman, it doesn't give you a fair perspective of the other drivers if you base your whole show on one or two drivers. (this is one of the very few reasons i could see anyone supporting cry baby Fernado Alonso)

Next race will be a fresh start. No one will start with any penalties, everyone will have a fair shot at the podiem. Should be good!

For Hamilton's drive through penalty he actually did pass Vettel. It would have been easy enough for him to give up the place and pass him on one of the next corners but that was his decision...

For Hinki's grid penalty, from what I saw of it he was just sitting on the racing line and Webber had to go around him. Everyone else was on the right side of the track and Hinki was on the only car I saw doing in in/out lap on the left.

Anyways, onto the race. Pretty straight forward last night. Great to see Piquet finally get some points (and pass Alonso on the last lap too!). Trulli had a great race, especially being able to hold of Hinke for most of the race. It's a bit odd to see Heidfeld all the way down where he was, but he could have just had a bad race.

I think the reason Kimi didn't get black or black and orange flagged was because there was no one racing for position around him. If he was back with Trulli I'm sure something would have been done about it.

Congrats to Lewis Hamiltion for winning the British Grand Prix! Iknew he still had it in him! Job well done!

Another congrats to Lewis Hamiltion for his victory in the German Grand Prix! Well done! Thats the way you do it!

I felt so bad for Massa, he drove so well the entire race..

I'm still not impressed by Heikki, he only won because of Massa & Hamilton's problems, although you take what you get i suppose

I'm still not impressed by Heikki, he only won because of Massa & Hamilton's problems, although you take what you get i suppose

yea I'm not that impressed either, but still I don't get upset when someone who doesn't win, finally receives first.

Right now everyone is on the 3 week summer break from racing. I'm really excited for the Singapore race in sept. its going to be a city night race!!!

Sucks for Messa this past sunday. 3 laps to go and BOOM! Random engine failure. If he had won the race, it would have moved him to 1st in the drivers standings.

But Heikki Kovalainen placed first (his first victory too) which was pretty cool. Well deserved after his crash in Spain.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bUeeo9sBTgw

Just goes to show you that it isn't over till its over. I remeber that with like 5 laps to go, the comentators were talking about how the points standing would change if Massa wins. They then panned over to the Ferrari Pits were they showed the team patting everyone on the back, and shacking hands like they had already won. Next frame was Massa's car with a pile of oil under it.

Ihave to say that really sucks. Massa drove one hell of a race. To drive like that then at the last minute get taken out due to catostrophic failure and not even get a single point. Well thats racing.

One thing my dad has taught me about racing is that its not all based on driver skill. If that were the case you'd see the same drivers win over and over. You gota have a little luck. I too would have preffered to see Henki win driving the race rather by "default" so to speak, but like you said.. Take what you can get.

so what did everyone think of this circuit?

personally, i thought it was a pretty boring race... the only drama was ferrari really. oh and maybe Coulthard doing his usual, trying to take out people. I felt sorry for Alonso, going out so quickly..

cars seemed to spread out very quickly, after only a few laps 8th was about 30 secs behind, must be the slow corners.

congrats Massa!

Gah! Massa should have been given a penalty, if it was any other team (say Mclaren) a 10 second penalty or stop-go would have been given, but as it was Ferrari, the FIA only cautioned him and issued him a fine. :hmpf: Then Massa even had the nerve to say it was Adrian's fault!

Anyway, for Force India it was a pretty average race, one retirement, and one 14th place, meh. The race was pretty boring in general although it was good to Coulthard fail to over take Giancarlo and spin out.

didn't Hamilton go side by side with someone down the pit straight last year? i seem to remember mechanics jumping out of the way... no penalty there

its the bottle neck at the end of the pits that is dangerous

another formula 1 race, another controversy! and again, involving Hamilton...

i thought that the penalty was fair, after re-watching the incident on youtube. Hamilton gained because of cutting the chicane, therefore equalling a drive through penalty (or 25 seconds as the race was finished).

its never nice seeing the race results change after the checkered flag though.

when Heikki hit Webber i was so pissed! :hmpf_bad:

Sign the petition today!

To help give the victory back to Hamilton!!

Hamilton deserved to win the race IMHO, he gave the position back, and the even if he did deserve a penalty, that one was far to harsh.

Sign the what?!?!

Simple rule: Stay on the track.

He went off and got punished.

You're just mad because his British :tongue:

I don't hear you complain about Timo's punishment?

And the race is on this coming weekend again.

Go Alonso Go Renault.

You're just mad because his British :tongue:

I don't hear you complain about Timo's punishment?

Thats because I'm British! I'm not interested in some Johnny Foreigner! :tongue:

I do think it is stupid hew got punished though, he didn't gain an advantage. Hamilton was going slower than Kimi as they crossed the start/finish line, hence carrying less momentum, meaning he couldn't have gained any sorts of advantage by being forced off the track by that crazy Finnish madman ( :grin: ) Hamilton gave back the position by a full car length and then managed to outbrake Kimi because Hami had LESS momentum.

Anyway I am looking forward to Monza, I want Force India to gain some points...

what an amazing qualifying session! 3 of the top 4 cars are red bull :tongue:

should be a fantastic race tonight, with more rain expected.