5150 Lego

Any Formula 1 racing fans out there?

Yeeeeessssss!!!

Good news at last!! My heart almost stopped beating when I saw Fisichella on pole! I didn't expect that! Hopefully Fisi and Sutil can score some good points Tomorrow and get past Toro Rosso in the constructors championship.

Ohhhhhhh yeaaahhhh!!!

Disaster qualify for Renault.

First Badoer crashed and threw the yellow flag ruining Grosjean's final run and then Alonso failed Q3 *huh*

Dammit!

Congrats to Fisichella. He's earned it and I've always liked him :thumbup:

Grid & Weight:

1. Giancarlo Fisichella, Force India, 648kg

2. Jarno Trulli, Toyota, 656.5

3. Nick Heidfeld, BMW Sauber, 655

4. Rubens Barrichello, Brawn GP, 644.5

5. Robert Kubica, BMW Sauber, 649

6. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 655

7. Timo Glock, Toyota, 648.5

8. Sebastian Vettel, Red Bull, 662.5

9. Mark Webber, Red Bull, 658

10. Nico Rosberg, Williams, 670

11. Adrian Sutil, Force India, 678.5

12. Lewis Hamilton, McLaren, 693.5

13. Fernando Alonso, Renault, 684.4

14. Jenson Button, Brawn GP, 694.2

15. Heikki Kovalainen, McLaren, 697

16. Sebastien Buemi, Toro Rosso, 685

17. Jaime Alguersuari, Toro Rosso, 704.5

18. Kazuki Nakajima, Williams, 706.1

19. Romain Grosjean, Renault, 704.7

20. Luca Badoer, Ferrari, 691.5

Pretty good race, exciting first lap! I feel bad for the cars taken out up the hill though :thumbdown:

Pretty pissed Red Bull released Webber from his pit right into Nick's path.. Was just unnecessary and dangerous.

Massive congrats to Force India, did not see that one coming!

Not a bad race, but not a great one either. Highlight of course was Force India finally scoring some points and above all getting a podium! Well done boys!

I have a big and i mean BIG problem with Kimi winning. Mainly cause after looking over the replays,he not only gained a position when he went off track after turn 5, but by him coming back on track,it caused a traffic jam which seemed to be one of the factors that caused Gerson, Hamilton, Button, and Buemi to crash. also,why was there no penalty for Kimi when he went off track in the first corner??? He certainly gained positions there. And even if he didn't, he had an advantage cause he was able to avoid the mess that was in turn one. Even the commentators were surprised that no action was taken for at least the turn one incident.

Well, they say FIA is investigating Singapore 2008 GP, claiming that Nelsinho Piquet crashed his car to have the Safety car coming in and Alonso winning the race, so maybe 10 months from now they'll decide Kimi's behaviour was unfair and name Fisichella as winner of the Belgium G.P.

Well, they say FIA is investigating Singapore 2008 GP, claiming that Nelsinho Piquet crashed his car to have the Safety car coming in and Alonso winning the race, so maybe 10 months from now they'll decide Kimi's behaviour was unfair and name Fisichella as winner of the Belgium G.P.

Ya, i heard about that. Nothing to investigate really. Even if it were true i don't see how there going to prove it. Seems to me the piquet family is just bitter for Nelson being let go. Though i doagree that Piquet had inferior equpiment to ensure there wouldn't be a repeat of the Hamiltion/Alsonso rivialry.

So it's official now.

Fisichella will drive for Ferrari the rest of the season and take the seat as 3rd and test driver for next season.

Good for him, he's deserved it.

So it's official now.

Fisichella will drive for Ferrari the rest of the season and take the seat as 3rd and test driver for next season.

Good for him, he's deserved it.

Where did you hear this, good news for him.

we'll see just how well this pans out. ferrari is expecting results. So chances are if he doesn't deliver then he'll be thrown out the seat just like Boeder was. Though i don't think Ferrari expect mircales or podiems, but they do expect points.

Also, who is taking of Fishi's seat in the FI car? I have yet to find any info on that? LOL. Maybe they'll pick up Nelson Piquet!! :tongue:

Wow. Seems like it pays off being the whining-son of a famous race driver :sceptic:

Representatives of the Renault Formula One team have been requested to appear before an extraordinary meeting of the FIA’s World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) in France later this month.

Renault have been called to answer charges that the team conspired with driver Nelson Piquet to cause a deliberate crash at the 2008 Singapore Grand Prix, with the aim of causing the deployment of the safety car to the advantage of their other driver, Fernando Alonso, who went on to win.

Piquet retired from Formula One racing’s inaugural night race after hitting the wall on Lap 14, just after Alonso, who had started on a light fuel load, had made his first pit stop. The subsequent safety-car period helped vault the Spaniard, originally 15th on the grid, to the front end of the field.

“The team asked me to push, which I tried to do and finally I lost the rear of my car,” was Piquet’s comment immediately after the race. The Brazilian is no longer with the team, having lost his drive in favour of Romain Grosjean last month.

Through their alleged actions, the charges against Renault include a breach of Article 151c of the International Sporting Code, which prohibits ‘any fraudulent conduct or any act prejudicial to the interests of any competition or to the interests of motor sport generally’.

The WMSC hearing will take place in Paris on September 21, the Monday preceding this year’s Singapore race. Renault will be making no commment prior to the hearing.

He'll never race an F1 car again.

What a way to go...

NOt looking good for Renault. Lets hope there found inocent in these aligations. And i agree, Piquet's career in F1 is over. Though to be honest, i don't thikn he had much of one to begin with.

NOt looking good for Renault. Lets hope there found inocent in these aligations. And i agree, Piquet's career in F1 is over. Though to be honest, i don't thikn he had much of one to begin with.

Nope, but he sure is throwing stones as he's leaving *huh*

Dammit...

Nope, but he sure is throwing stones as he's leaving *huh*

Dammit...

Well, maybe this will be a wakeup call for Bravio as well. Though i don't agree with the way Piquet is handling being sacked, if what he's saying is true (about how he was treat in light of Team mate Alonso), then if cleared, hopfully he'll treat the newguy (sorry i forgot his name) with more respect and not so much on the back burner.

Mna, its reallllllllly looking bad for Renault. Actually, at this point,i think its preety clear that there done.

From PlanetF1.com

Renault admits fixing

The story that has been pieced together is that Piquet Junior, Renault's Director of Engineering Pat Symmonds and Team Principal Flavio Briatore had a meeting on the Sunday of the Singapore GP. At the time Piquet hadn't got a drive for 2009 and was keen to please.

While it is disputed whose idea it actually was, the idea itself was allegedly that Piquet would crash at Turn 17 shortly after Fernando Alonso's very early pit-stop, bringing out the Safety Car and allowing Fernando to take the lead of the race. Because there was no crane to remove the car at Turn 17, a crash there would almost certainly necessitate a Safety Car period.

The telemetry on Piquet's car apparently shows that during the race his car goes light on the exit, but he still keeps his foot on the throttle to invoke the spin.

It's believed that Symonds and Briatore aren't disputing the fact that they had a discussion about a deliberate accident to assist Alonso, but are adamant that it was Piquet Junior's own idea and they didn't ask him to do it.

Piquet's claim is understood to be that Symonds and Briatore asked him to crash to bring out the Safety Car. So there seems to be little dispute at all that it was a pre-arranged accident, the only area of contention is - did he jump or was he pushed?

At this point it doesn't matter if he was pushed, or it was Piquets own idea. At that point Bravio shold have sacked him if it were his idea. If this is true, Renault needs to be suspended from the rest of the season,if not next season as well.

Alright Hamiltion! Taking the pole at the last minute! Though i have to hand it to Sutil! And how about his new teammate? Makes itinto Q3 on his first GP!! Great showing for the Force India team. There proving there finnaly a "Force" to be reconded with! :tongue:

I wonder how Fisi's feeling right now? maybe he's having some second thoughts about making the switch? I can tell you one thing, it doesn't make him look to good when a test driver can make it into Q3 on there first try and in your whole carrer with your former team you can only make one P3 showing. At least he made it into Q2 unlike Ferrari's last "driver".

I stopped watching the race after Webber crashed (yep, all 1 mins of the race). Heard about Lewis, was he simply trying to push the car to hard? Did something fail? Did he even have a chance of catching Button?

With only 1 lap left, he didn't seem to be close enough; yet, Button could have done a mistake being stressed by Hamilton getting closer.

Still, a good race to watch, miles away from boredromes like Valencia.

I stopped watching the race after Webber crashed (yep, all 1 mins of the race). Heard about Lewis, was he simply trying to push the car to hard? Did something fail? Did he even have a chance of catching Button?

Cobra preety much covered it. Hamiltion was about a second behind Buttonand has pressuring him. Unfortunutly its a catch 22. I can understand the need/want to pressure the car ahead, even up to the checkered flag, but concidering that Mclaren really isn't in the race for the championship anymore, i think he should have let off a bit and coasted to third. Kimi and Sutil were over 15secs.behind, so he could have afforded to cruise the last lap a bit. But thats whatmakes Hamiltion the kind of driver he is. He's very competive and doesn't let off time the checkered flag. IMO, thats the kind of driver you want/should be. Never take anything for granted that you "have it in the bag" so to speak.

Ihave to admit... I shrieked when i saw him crash. :sad: He was doing so well. Oh well. Thats racing.

Mna, its reallllllllly looking bad for Renault. Actually, at this point,i think its preety clear that there done.

From PlanetF1.com

Renault admits fixing

At this point it doesn't matter if he was pushed, or it was Piquets own idea. At that point Bravio shold have sacked him if it were his idea. If this is true, Renault needs to be suspended from the rest of the season,if not next season as well.

Meh!

Sounds odd to me.

On Formula1.com this was released:

Renault announced on Friday that they have started criminal proceedings against former driver Nelson Piquet and his father, the three-time world champion of the same name, relating to allegations that Piquet deliberately crashed in last year's Singapore Grand Prix.

Renault will appear before the FIA's World Motor Sport Council (WMSC) later this month to answer charges that the team conspired with Piquet to cause an intentional accident with the aim of causing the deployment of the safety car to the advantage of their other driver, Fernando Alonso, who went on to win.

Now Renault are claiming that Piquets Junior and Senior have made false allegations relating to the matter and that they attempted to blackmail the team into allowing Piquet to retain his drive for the remainder of 2009.

Piquet retired from Formula One racing's inaugural night race after hitting the wall on Lap 14, just after Alonso had made his first pit stop. The subsequent safety-car period helped vault the Spaniard, originally 15th on the grid, to the front end of the field.

Responding to Renault's claims, Piquet commented: "Regarding the current FIA investigation, I confirm that I have co-operated fully and honestly with the sport’s governing body. Because I am telling the truth I have nothing to fear, whether from the ING Renault Team or Mr Briatore and whilst I am well aware of the power and influence of those being investigated, and the vast resources at their disposal, I will not be bullied again into making a decision I regret.

"I have every confidence in the FIA investigation and World Motor Sport Council and I will be making no further comment until the conclusion of the hearing of 21 September 2009."

FIA President Max Mosley confirmed at Monza on Friday that Piquet will face no action personally from Formula One racing's governing body, assuming he cooperates fully and truthfully with any enquiries. Mosley also said there was no suggestion that Alonso had any involvement in the alleged conspiracy.

The full statement from Renault:

"The FIA has announced that it is to hold an extraordinary meeting of the World Motor Sport Council ('WMSC') on 21 September 2009. The ING Renault F1 Team is to attend that meeting and answer allegations that members of the team conspired with Nelson Piquet Jnr to cause a deliberate accident at the 2008 Singapore GP, so that Fernando Alonso might benefit from the resulting safety car.

"The ING Renault F1 Team had not commented publicly during the FIA's initial investigation into this matter.

"However, today the ING Renault F1 Team and its Managing Director Flavio Briatore personally, wish to state that they have commenced criminal proceedings against Nelson Piquet Junior and Nelson Piquet Senior in France concerning the making of false allegations and a related attempt to blackmail the team into allowing Mr Piquet Jnr to drive for the remainder of the 2009 season. The matter will also be referred to the Police in the UK."

To me it doesn't sound like they're admitting anything at all.

On the contrary.

The Picquets are gone from racing forever.

A fine race indeed.

I don't think I'll ever understand why Hamilton decided to push so hard that he threw his podium away. :hmpf:

To me it doesn't sound like they're admitting anything at all.

On the contrary.

DId you read the article? There not disputing there was a discussion about crashing, only that it wasn't there idea, it was Nelson's because at that time his seat for 09' wasn't secured.

The Picquets are gone from racing forever.

Doubt it. Nelson for sure, but his father was to much history in racing for this to end his career. Heck, if what the Piquest's are claiming turns out to be true, then i don't see this harming Piquet Sr. at all. Piquet Jr. on the other hand; no one will want to hire him out of fear he'llcause a scandal if ever sacked.

Man, this just gets worse and worse for Renault....

Car data indicate somthing unusal

made by Piquet himself, the data from the Brazilian's Renault could prove to be pivotal in the case.

"Certainly the data from the car indicated that something very unusual had happened on the corner where he crashed - according to the experts who look at these things," Mosley told The Guardian. "So there was enough there to make it unthinkable not to investigate. This week Renault will send in written documents but the actual hearing of their defence is next Monday."

Mosley also revealed that he knew of the rumours concerning Piquet's crash at Singapore at the start of the summer and was informed that the Brazilian had crashed on purpose by Piquet's father shortly after July's Hungarian GP.

"Two or three months earlier I'd heard this allegation was floating around. Of course there was nothing one could do then because there was no evidence - it was all rumour and hearsay. So I knew the allegation existed but, yes, I was quite surprised they were actually prepared to come forward and make it.

"Nelson Piquet Sr came to see me after the Hungarian grand prix in late July and said all this had happened. So I listened to him and said, 'Well, if Nelson makes a sworn statement then obviously we'll investigate it.' The father arranged for that to happen. We then started to look at all the onboard data and all the recordings we've got of everything that happened in the car."

Renault have denied the charges and accused Piquet of making false allegations.

This doesn't help either...

Leaked transcript

'Reviewing the interviews, the stewards concluded that Symonds's failure to answer key questions suggested that a meeting with Piquet before the race had taken place in Briatore's office in the Renault motorhome in Singapore, that a deliberate crash was discussed and that Symonds had indicated to Piquet afterwards, as the Brazilian has alleged, where to effect the accident to ensure the safety car was called out,' the newspaper claims.

'In their report to the FIA, which forms part of the basis of the case against Renault, the stewards said: "Had there been no substance to the allegations made by [Piquet] and put to Mr Symonds, it would have been straightforward for Mr Symonds to deny them."'

According to the transcript published by The Times, the following exchange occurred between the stewards investigating the crash and Symonds:

Investigator: "What do you recall being said to Nelson Piquet Jr at that meeting? This is shortly before the race?"

Symonds: "I don't really remember."

Investigator: "You don't really remember?"

Symonds: "No."

Investigator: "Nelson Piquet Jr says he was asked by you to cause a deliberate crash. Is that true?"

Symonds: "Nelson spoke to me the day before and suggested that. That's all I'd really like to say."

Investigator: "Mr Symonds, are you aware that there was going to be a crash on lap 14?"

Symonds: "I don't want to answer that question."

Investigator: "Mr Piquet Jr says, having had the initial meeting with you and Flavio Briatore, you then met with him individually with the map of the circuit. Do you remember that?

Symonds: "I won't answer. Rather not answer that. I don't recall it, but it sounds like Nelson's talked a lot more about it."

Investigator: "Mr Piquet Jr also says that at that meeting, you pointed out a specific place on the circuit where he was to have the accident and said it was because it was the furthest away from any of the safety or lifting equipment, and gave the most likely chance of a safety car being deployed."

Symonds: "I don't . . . I don't want to answer that question."

According to Autosport, the meeting then continued with the following exchange:

Investigator: "Was it you that did the talking at that meeting Mr. Symonds?"

Symonds: "I'm sure it would have been both of us but I don't know for sure. Sorry that's a contradiction. I would imagine it would be both of us that would be normal. Actually probably more often it's Flavio that does the talking himself. I wouldn't necessarily always agree with what he's saying but the majority."

Investigator: "Because just to be absolutely clear here what Nelson Piquet Jnr has said is that at that meeting it was you that asked him to have a crash deliberately?"

Symonds: "I can't answer you."

Investigator: "Can I say that if Mr. Symonds you'd been put in the position where you were made to ask Mr. Piquet Jnr to crash it's much better, it would be much better for you in the long term to tell these stewards to hear that today?"

Symonds: "I fully understand that."

Investigator: "Yes."

Symonds: "I have no intention of lying to you. I have not lied to you but I have reserved my position just a little."

Investigator: "And you're aware that the stewards may draw conclusions from your unwillingness to assist them in relation to what went on in that meeting?"

Symonds: "I would expect them to. I would absolutely expect that."

Renault have strenuously denied the allegations made.

Very, very interesting..... :hmpf_bad:

I wouldn't base anything on that.

The hearing isn't until the 21st and of course noone would make public comments until then.

Except the Picquets :tongue:

I've been searching a few F1 related news sites and none of them go any further than talking about the hearing and the allegations made by Nelsinho and his father.

Personally I highly doubt there's anything to come for.

If they've persuaded Nelsinho to crash, then how is he going to prove it?

Does he have a recording or contract on it?

No!

All he has is a battered image as a crappy driver and he's trying to blame Renault for it.

What Italian media say: Renault will fire Briatore, Mosley will be happy, Renault will stay in F1. End of the story.