Sign in to follow this  
Blondie-Wan

LEGO Tower

LEGO is partnering with NimbleBit, creator of Tiny Tower (and its erstwhile Star Wars variation, Tiny Death Star), to produce a new LEGO version, coming soon for iOS and Android:

LEGO Tower gives players the ability to build and operate their own LEGO Tower. Construct a wide range of apartments and businesses for your Minifigure residents to live, work and play in. Visit your friends’ towers and trade items to help them build. Collect hundreds of unique Minifigure pieces and discover hidden characters. Build your dream LEGO Tower to new heights, the sky's the limit!

There’s also a new contest on LEGO Ideas to design a floor for the game. One winner will get his or her floor used in the final game, and get a prize package including the Corner Garage and Ship in a Bottle sets, plus a $200 shopping spree on Shop at Home.

anybody playing this game yet?  I am trying to figure out how to add friends,  I know my player ID but not my nickname, both are needed to connect.

30 minutes ago, RyanMe said:

anybody playing this game yet?  I am trying to figure out how to add friends,  I know my player ID but not my nickname, both are needed to connect.

I've been trying it out, and I found that you can give people whatever nickname you want them to show up as. (My ID is 14VJ)

I just noticed that LEGO Tower is no longer in Beta.  It is available for iOS users now, and surely will be available for Android soon.

I played the game for a few weeks as part of the public beta, and have very mixed feelings about the game.  For one, there is very little strategic decisionmaking, so it is barely a game at all.  Further, some of the limited strategy is hidden behind the "Tower Club" paywall - I'm certainly not willing to pay 2$ for 5 days of moderately-improved gameplay.  The good news is that the game was designed with a great deal of respect for the LEGO brand, and the models featured in the game are really beautifully designed.  This is clearly the result of a close partnership between LEGO and game designer Nimblebit.

For a much more in depth review of the game, check out the article I just posted: ʀᴇᴠɪᴇᴡ: LEGO Tower

Sincerely,
--Tom

opengraph-LEGO_Tower_sRGB.jpg