Ragni Norgrimson

[Moc WIP Story] The Tower of Orthanc Part 1, getting the shapes done.

This is my first prototype of a physical 1:42 / Minifig scaled Tower of Orthanc from the Lord of the Rings made out of Lego Bricks. Tolkien wrote, that Orthanc was about 500ft., so at this scale a finished and physical built model would be around 3,57 meters tall. The model is currently completely made out of Basic Lego Bricks due to the reason that I just wanted to get the overall shape right to start modeling finer details. With this done I have measurements just as footprint of the model, final height and the important angles of the outer shape.

Next step will be modeling finer details and add some structural technic elements to support the weight.

The picture is rendered with blender because my other programs didn't like the 45000+ sized model. That's beeing said: At this point I am an absolute beginner with blender so dont chop my head off for the very simple rendering ;)

I hope you like that kind of wip-story thing and I really hope at this scale it is understandable that I started with a digital designing process and not the physical bricks. I am very new to digitally build models and usually I am more of a take the bricks and build type guy, but at this scale I had to do the little extra planning before.

Enough said for now. Enjoy the first prototype :) 

47272598582_261f0dc4cd_b.jpgLego Orthanc digital Prototype Model by Ragni Norgrimson, auf Flickr

Edited by Ragni Norgrimson

Are you planning on building it at some stage?

On 3/13/2019 at 10:50 AM, MAB said:

Are you planning on building it at some stage?

Maybe if i finished the digital designing process and I have enough room for it. Probably I will build it for an exhibition at some point :)