Sign in to follow this  
mcphatty

[MOC] Millennium Falcons with a micro interior

Edit: My last Bricklink order arrives today so here she is for real! I’m still working a few kinks out, most significantly the mandible area is a bit weak and build onto fairly rare wedge plates. Instructions and a Stud.io model to follow, hope you like it!

YQQ8mFj.jpg

68hfTwV.jpg

xxr8QWm.jpg

Db3guWi.jpg

Original post: I’ve been trying to improve the scale and detail on my old mini Falcon for some time whilst keeping my silly studs-out on the top and bottom surfaces design. Eventually my moc became so big that I began to think I could squeeze in a micro scale interior... With that self-inflicted gauntlet laid down I started down a path that led to this!

4VXf4j5.jpg

The main proportions are not far off being to scale, with that micro fighter cockpit as the starting point. The surface details are more visual cues than scaled features but I’m really pleased with the overall look, the many wedge plates give a decent round effect, the mandibles blend with the body well and the cockpit tunnel looks pretty good (though any suggestions to improve the ugly gap behind the cockpit will be welcome!) And I’m really, really pleased with this:

E5gUisV.jpg

They have tiny, tiny, unnecessarily tiny insides!! Hopefully some iconic features are recognisable and roughly in the right place, the Dejarik table was pretty much the centre of this whole effort but I’ve been sure to squeeze in an engine room, a bunk, a computer terminal and as many smuggled goods as the possible. Less in Lando’s Falcon of course, he has a bar instead.

The rarer colours and my reckless use of small wedge pieces make this an expensive build, I’ll be working on simplifying what I can to bring the cost down and I will share instructions and the Stud.io model at some point! Lando’s Falcon is sadly a massive cheat, the cockpit and a couple of other important parts don’t come in white, but it’s such a cool spin on the ship that I couldn’t resist rendering it.

Any criticisms and suggestions are welcome! I’ve never done instructions before but I’m going give it a go in the near future.

Hope you guys like it :)

Edited by mcphatty

This is a sweet, little project. Well done. Once you start tinkering with a Falcon at any scale you can go on indefinitely! I also really like the other ship in your old post (the Outsider?). 

14 hours ago, Retro said:

This is a sweet, little project. Well done. Once you start tinkering with a Falcon at any scale you can go on indefinitely! I also really like the other ship in your old post (the Outsider?). 

Thanks! And close, it’s the Outrider, from the old N64 game Shadows of The Empire. Ill need to update that too now, maybe squeeze an interior in!

And here’s all my Falcons in formation. The microfighter mod on the left spent just one winter in direct sunlight, it’s amazing how fast Lego discolours!

luN1LrE.jpg