StarBricks

SB00301 B-PROJECT (MOC Resistance Bomber UCS)

On 11/11/2023 at 1:02 PM, William_Marshall said:

I think the war with the Empire may be over before my model joins the fight lol. I have just looked back, and next week is two years since I bought the instructions!  That said, every time I open them, I'm amazed at the quality of them, and the detail in the commentary. As good as any other coffee table book I've had! 

I've finally got most of the parts. I used Bricklink for about thirty orders, but am surprised at how bad Bricklink has been. About a quarter of orders have had missing parts or mispicks. 

Whilst I'm now building a snagging Wanted List, I'm wondering if anyone looked at whether the model could be built off vertical. Is it too heavy to alter to 30 degrees off vertical for example? I had thought I could have a look at the Studio app but fear that could be a rabbit hole I could disappear down for another year! 

MOC is designed and designed to be built vertically. The structure is designed to ensure the correct balance of the MOC. No need to change the laying of the MOC. As for orders on bricklink, the advice I give lately is to buy most of the Bricks directly on the LEGO website (PICK A BRICK). The Service has been greatly enhanced in recent months and most of the pieces you can buy there.

Happy new year all! Any new pictures of anyone else from the fleet? Are all the manuals sold? I always look upon this set with awe and wonder.

Other reason for posting: and I hate to even be asking such a question, but has anyone had experience selling something like this? Life circumstances are causing me to downsize my LEGO collection, especially the large items such as this. It seems on ebay or local platforms that most buyers would not know the complexity and quality of such an ultimate LEGO creation.

On 1/2/2024 at 2:05 PM, baublitz said:

Happy new year all! Any new pictures of anyone else from the fleet? Are all the manuals sold? I always look upon this set with awe and wonder.

Other reason for posting: and I hate to even be asking such a question, but has anyone had experience selling something like this? Life circumstances are causing me to downsize my LEGO collection, especially the large items such as this. It seems on ebay or local platforms that most buyers would not know the complexity and quality of such an ultimate LEGO creation.

Sorry, I don't know. This is my first MOC, I'm two years in and only on around page 50 lol. Just built the cockpit crown this morning and really enjoyed seeing how cleverly it was put together. 

One thing I have learnt though, is managing the non-colour specific pieces. I bought them in the cheapest available colour but it means that when I see a red piece in the instructions it's easy if I have it in yellow, or orange or brown etc. However, I've been caught out quite a few times when it is black, grey etc and mixed in with the boxes that I've separated those colours in to. If I were to do it again, I'd note which orders had 'red bricks' and separate those out when they got delivered. 

23 hours ago, William_Marshall said:

Sorry, I don't know. This is my first MOC, I'm two years in and only on around page 50 lol. Just built the cockpit crown this morning and really enjoyed seeing how cleverly it was put together.  

One thing I have learnt though, is managing the non-colour specific pieces. I bought them in the cheapest available colour but it means that when I see a red piece in the instructions it's easy if I have it in yellow, or orange or brown etc. However, I've been caught out quite a few times when it is black, grey etc and mixed in with the boxes that I've separated those colours in to. If I were to do it again, I'd note which orders had 'red bricks' and separate those out when they got delivered. 

With the instructions for my new AR-Project, which will be released very soon, I have introduced a new concept for finding parts. In fact, 99% of them will be available on the LEGO website (pick a brick service).
The average cost to have all the new parts will be €0.14 per piece and I would like to remind you that with LEGO's Pick a Bricjk service you do not pay shipping costs.

Sounds good. My decision was more around not wanting to create new plastic so I went with recycled\used, but I can certainly see the upside of a simple Pick-A-Brick route. My biggest issue was moving through all the different file formats between Pick-A-Brick, Bricklink, BrickHunter etc Certainy down more to my decisions and newness, than anything to do with the parts list file originally supplied with the instructions. 

On 1/15/2024 at 4:21 PM, StarBricks said:

With the instructions for my new AR-Project, which will be released very soon, I have introduced a new concept for finding parts. In fact, 99% of them will be available on the LEGO website (pick a brick service).
The average cost to have all the new parts will be €0.14 per piece and I would like to remind you that with LEGO's Pick a Bricjk service you do not pay shipping costs.

That's actually quite reasonable; 4395 (pieces) x €0.14 = €615.30.

On 2/7/2019 at 7:27 PM, StarBricks said:

Happy birthday. This is incredible.

Edited by wizardbizzom

Incredible design. Already bought a 75188. Any updates on outgoing orders?