Sign in to follow this  
wooster

Help: Backdrop for Lego city layout

Can anyone point me in the direction of large posters or banners that could serve as a backdrop to a city layout?  I would be happy to buy one, or if there are good instructions on how to create one yourself, I'd be interested in that too.

The bare walls that currently serve as my backdrop look awful.  I would love to have a backdrop similar to what you see on Lego City boxes (somewhat vague, non-descript, city skyline).

Thanks!

Edited by wooster
spelling

You can always paint your wall a sky blue and cover it with sponged-on clouds, then grey rectangles for buildings. @MrBrickMan has pointed out a good option, but you could also consider products for our model railroad brethren. A site such as Backdrop Warehouse (not an endorsement! Any other would do as well) has a variety of products, from city skylines to nature scenes, and even just clouds. If you go the model railroad route, you'll want a product designed for O scale.

Edited by jamesn

I've seen some guys take the box art (with the shaded buildings)  plug them into Photoshop  and it makes a really lovely "lego" backdrop. 

Thanks everyone for all your suggestions!  This gives me a great place to start exploring which idea works best for me.