Sign in to follow this  
LegoDW

looking for ideas on how to display the Beach House 4996

This week was able to secure getting two older creator sets, the Beach House (4996) and Seaside House (7346).  Was not planning on having a beach display in our city layout, now with these sets going to go for it!  Ordered the fun at the beach mini fig pack to populate our display (these sets were light on mini figs).  We also have the older marina and the beach hut sets too.

Prefer the main builds on both house sets.  So my question is, which side of 7996 is supposed to have the beach? Thinking the side with grill and table.  If this is true, would match up with 7346 water area.  Only draw back here is IMO the beach house looks best displayed from the front, like main picture on the box where you can see the A frame contruction.  Anyone have any pictures on how they are displaying these sets? 

One more note, really liked the 3rd build in the Seaside House, the one with the bridge and drink bar.  Going to moc something like this in our display.  The Marina already has the bridge so may use part of that for my moc.

I had done my 3 different builds of 4996 Beach House and line them up. This was my favourite Creator set. 

46814608311_c3263092be_b_d.jpg

See you are displaying the main build from the side (building on the far right).  You have it out a little bit so can see the side also.  

Where is the beach???  

It is also a building that I like; in my display it was built (slightly modified) near the beach:

P1110804_1.jpg

1 hour ago, antp said:

It is also a building that I like; in my display it was built (slightly modified) near the beach:

P1110804_1.jpg

How did you do the stone path and the steps?  That's not Lego is it?

Great job on the deck you put under the house.  Like the outdoor stove.  Are you planning on getting the small house boat this year to go with this scene?

8 hours ago, WhiteFang said:

I had omitted the beach. So, I had line them up in a straight row. 

Like your green jeeps.

On ‎1‎/‎22‎/‎2019 at 4:43 AM, antp said:

I was unaware TLG ever made such a thing.  Its is getting to the point when I get random Lego that I have to look for the logo as over the years they have offered so many products.

Our beach display is going well.  Have a small beach surrounded by buildings.  Campground is right behind beach.  We didn't have enough plates of the correct color, but as a work in progress not going to purchase correct colors till plans a bit more firm.  Will post a work in progress picture soon.