Sign in to follow this  
KevFett2011

[MOC] Merry Brickmas

Only 10 days left till Christmas so I want to show you my christmas vignette.
KevFett2011 enjoys the chrsitmas evening in his living room. He decorated a christmas tree, his walls and his chimney with the rancor trophy.

31372674237_d17ddcfc50_z.jpgMerry Brickmas by KevFett2011, auf Flickr

I hope you like this vignette, I would be pleased to get feedback.

Greetings Kevin

Feedback on your builds is really boring... what else can it be that 'awwwe' :D :D

Merry Xmas Kevin!

I like it! It'd be interesting to see how the rancor fits on the wall at the back though.

I like the idea and it looks pretty good, dig the toy train. Not sure though if it is meant to be ramshackled looking though or not. If so great job if not a lot of those bricks don't seem to be fully connected or properly aligned, like it was thrown together in a hurry, or there was just an earthquake. Apologies if that was the look you were going for, also don't really like that tree. Sorry if I sound hyper-critical I really do like it. 

Edited by Johnny1360

Hi,

thank you for your feedback :D

On 12/15/2018 at 3:10 AM, Reaper said:

I like it! It'd be interesting to see how the rancor fits on the wall at the back though.

You can see the picture on my instagram ( @kevfett2011)

On 12/15/2018 at 10:20 AM, Johnny1360 said:

I like the idea and it looks pretty good, dig the toy train. Not sure though if it is meant to be ramshackled looking though or not. If so great job if not a lot of those bricks don't seem to be fully connected or properly aligned, like it was thrown together in a hurry, or there was just an earthquake. Apologies if that was the look you were going for, also don't really like that tree. Sorry if I sound hyper-critical I really do like it. 

Thank you for this honestly feedback. The bricks in the wall should be not fully connected. No problem that you criticize my vigette. Can you say why you don't like the christmas tree?

Greetings Kevin

It just looks off to me, seems to be approximately the same diameter for the bottom 3/4 then it abruptly changes direction on the top 1/4 also on the bottom the studs seem too close to lining up or stacked. I really don't know how I would make it better though, maybe space the branch pieces apart and arrange them in a less symmetrical fashion, maybe even remove some of them and add a few more of the angled ones at the top portion. I do enjoy looking at your work and this is no exception, great idea. Certainly better than most of my creations.