Sign in to follow this  
neonic

Ordering parts, how, where ?

For my moc I've already ordered some parts from several shops (found on Bricklink site). I've chosen some shops, wich had some 'special' parts, looked what they have and so on I choose two where I ordered the parts. It was a long search and also to order the parts.

My own 'way' costs a lot of time and after all there always shops who doesn't have it all I needed. I would like to know how can I easy/easier order parts?

And another question ... how do you know what parts you need? I made a model with MLcad, ordered some parts and starting building with those parts and the parts I already have. Now I have made a copy of my model and 'erase' the parts I already have, so I can 'see' what I still miss. I quess my idea is not the most handy wat so ... What do you think of that idea and / or are there other ways wich are handier ? I like to know how you do it?

I use Rebrickable to keep record of my LEGO collection. There is a feature allowing you to create custom part lists without publishing an entire MOC. You do this by either placing your parts manually or uploading LDD, LDraw files of and then "build it", which will show you the missing parts.

It will be easier to find a unicorn than Bricklink shop having all the missing parts for my MOCs, yet still decently priced. So it it is unavoidable to have many orders for a single model.

You can set up wants lists at bricklink to make the process easier.

Well this is really great. Thanks :classic:

Now I've made a wishlist an already add some parts to see how it's works.

It's still pretty much work to 'find' the parts but it's only for once. Then you only have to choose a shop wich have the most parts and have the best price right? I wish I knew this before ...

Sign in to follow this