Sign in to follow this  
Darnok

[WTC FB] A small gift for Weelond

618, Day 14 of the 11th month

Dear honourable officials of Weelond,

you may not be aware of it, but the word of your famous Oktoberfest has travelled the Brick Seas and reached even far-away places like Mesabi Landing. Your fine tradition has even inspired the local community to celebrate an Oktoberfest of their own this year - a great success I might add. As a sign of appreciation the Wayfarer Trading Company wishes to give something back, which is why I personally commisioned two statues to commemorate the yearly festivities in Weelond and Mesabi Landing.

One of these statues will stand here in Mesabi Landing, the other one will find a place in Weelond. They stand for the values we share and celebrate each year: mutual support in a community, as well as the joy of good food and beer. They are also supposed to represent the collaboration between our great settlements - a testament of cooperation, visible for all minifigs.

I would love to be your guest during next years Oktoberfest, or at an earlier occasion. I am sure we can support each other in many other fields as well. With the best wishes for the present and the future,

Kadeus Mordo,

Head of the Diplomatic Division of the WTC,

Mesabi Landing

=====

Two citizens of Weelond stood next to a newly erected statue:

"Ho-hum, the plaque talks of food and beer.                                                    

I wonder what those WTC folks really mean...                                                

I heard rumours about horse meat and other atrocities!"                                

wiC4QrQ.jpg.Ne06EEq.jpg

===========================================================================================

Sometimes you have a weird idea and just have to build it - this is one of those cases! This is meant as a small gift to Weelond, with an almost identical statue being set up in Mesabi Landing. Before anybody asks: yes, there are two actual physical builds for this:

Spoiler

STq0nPl.jpg

TBN9ByN.jpg

You could even combine both, for a scene where both statues raise their glass to each other:

lcV0k3a.jpg

@Capt Wolf: Please take this as a thank-you gift for the Weelond Oktoberfest. The build can be licensed as a small art & culture property.

Edited by Drunknok

That's a very nice Oktoberfest statue. Nice use of the Nexo Knights shield piece, and I like the use of the masonry bricks and the flared out top. And I didn't know the telescope piece came in green. Nice Eslandian figs, too. :thumbup:

Thank you!