GLAP23

Ninjago Movie Screen-Accurate Mech Recreations

3 minutes ago, Matteo Nottoli said:

Very nice! The mecha crab is just too cool, definetely my favourite shark army vehicle. 

I hope one day I'll be able to build the movie size shark mech but im afraid it will be very complicate and expensive. 

I have also fully built the piranha to be accurate as well

You guys with your IRL models, very wonderful, I love this thread. Can't wait to see the mechs realized in real life some day too, probably will require a lot of custom paint and stickers, but they'll be beautiful.

@Matteo Nottoli and @Mrlikesninjagomoviethings I thank both of you for showing us your real-life builds. It's awesome people are building the Shark Army vehicles Lego never released as sets.

Update for the Shark Mech:

The details for the exterior is finished. I just need to work on some of the internal details. Once when I'm done with the internal details, I will start working on the tail.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%206.png

Edited by GLAP23

What an amazing thread this is, kudos to those who’ve done such amazing work. How I’d love to make a Crab Mecha!

Going to dust off the Art of TLNM book from my shelf now to have a look through.

5 hours ago, GLAP23 said:

@Matteo Nottoli and @Mrlikesninjagomoviethings I thank both of you for showing us your real-life builds. It's awesome people are building the Shark Army vehicles Lego never released as sets.

Update for the Shark Mech:

The details for the exterior is finished. I just need to work on some of the internal details. Once when I'm done with the internal details, I will start working on the tail.

Garm%20Mech%201.0%206.png

Beautifull! Will it be able to stand on its own legs? I noticed that the rear pistons are not connected to the main body and i wonder if it will be able to support its own weight

9 hours ago, Matteo Nottoli said:

Beautifull! Will it be able to stand on its own legs? I noticed that the rear pistons are not connected to the main body and i wonder if it will be able to support its own weight

Thought I could post a picture of all my accurate S.A vehicles in one big collective glory

1 hour ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Thought I could post a picture of all my accurate S.A vehicles in one big collective glory

Splendid! The only one you miss is the shark mech walker. The original lego set is very nice in my opinion. Even better if you make some changes to make it more clean as i did. A great substitute untill we get the instruction of the movie model from our mentor

Nice models, do you know the price for the parts on Bricklink for any of these models?

Edited by legoman23

21 hours ago, legoman23 said:

Nice models, do you know the price for the parts on Bricklink for any of these models?

It's hard to tell. Some of these are official lego sets (like the jelly sub or the manta ray bomber) with some changes. The others are custom builds. The price depends on the seller you find. For example i spent around 180/200 € to build my mecha crab and i was lucky to find most of the parts from a single seller. As you can see, sand blue is the dominant color in these models and find certain pieces of that color in certain quantities may be difficult but nothing that can't be accomplished if you really want to build these amazings mocs

18 hours ago, Matteo Nottoli said:

It's hard to tell. Some of these are official lego sets (like the jelly sub or the manta ray bomber) with some changes. The others are custom builds. The price depends on the seller you find. For example i spent around 180/200 € to build my mecha crab and i was lucky to find most of the parts from a single seller. As you can see, sand blue is the dominant color in these models and find certain pieces of that color in certain quantities may be difficult but nothing that can't be accomplished if you really want to build these amazings mocs

Thought I should share this. It took a lot parts and research for me to built it

20200426_162734

29 minutes ago, Mrlikesninjagomoviethings said:

Thought I should share this. It took a lot parts and research for me to built it

20200426_162734

Interesting, what diorama is this? I spot some pieces from the ninjago city set. Looks like a ninjago district after a garmadon's attack

Just now, Matteo Nottoli said:

Interesting, what diorama is this? I spot some pieces from the ninjago city set. Looks like a ninjago district after a garmadon's attack

Yes. It is  diorama of a district in ninjago city

From being bored at home and you inspiring me to build Ninjago movie accurate things, I built this school bus from the Ninjago Movie. The build is still incomplete and some areas I still need to work on. The build wasn't as hard as I thought it was and I feel like many people could achieve building this small build. I mainly used The Making Of The Movie book and the movie to create this build. Then again it's a small build with around 700 pieces and it isn't much compared to amazing models like yours, yet we all start small.

2061910339_49828278392_e2e925a8ef_c(1).jpg.2fa8324755bdccc9147239927183d5ca.jpg

Edited by legoman23

7 hours ago, legoman23 said:

From being bored at home and you inspiring me to build Ninjago movie accurate things, I built this school bus from the Ninjago Movie. The build is still incomplete and some areas I still need to work on. The build wasn't as hard as I thought it was and I feel like many people could achieve building this small build. I mainly used The Making Of The Movie book and the movie to create this build. Then again it's a small build with around 700 pieces and it isn't much compared to amazing models like yours, yet we all start small.

2061910339_49828278392_e2e925a8ef_c(1).jpg.2fa8324755bdccc9147239927183d5ca.jpg

Oh boy it's amazing! If i had more space i would add this model to my diorama

@legoman23 Your reconstruction of the school bus looks great. I reconstructed the bus too. Here are some pictures.

Full view:

School%20Bus%203.png

Side view:

School%20Bus%201.png

Interior:

School%20Bus%202.png

Here's how the chassis is structured:

School%20Bus%20Chassis.png

As for the mechs, there is a new update for the Green Ninja Mech Dragon and Fire Mech.

The first tail segment in the Green Ninja Mech Dragon is now accurate

Green%20Ninja%20Mech%20Dragon%20Tail%201

and a slight inaccuracy in the Fire Mech's legs is now fixed.

Fire%20Mech%20Legs.png

Download here

Dang, you really got it going huh? Overall nice work on the bus as well as the mechs!

Edited by legoman23

Could one of you put the lxf of the bus up? I'd really appreciate it. Fun project to do with my son during isolation. Unless there are a lot of colours that don't exist? 

Sorry to bump this thread again, but thanks to another thread on these forums (https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/170286-custom-ldd-bricks-and-fixes/), I've been able to use an LDD brick creator software by @polymaker to create the giant tire for the Quake Mech. What I did was I started with the 59521 wheel, and I imported a mesh I had stretched around a bit of the 23798 wheel in Blender (scaled X/Y by 1.8, and scaled Z by 1.4). So this giant wheel has a floating connectivity of an axle right in the center. Here are some pictures... does it look pretty accurate to the movie, or is it maybe too big?

1280x693.jpg

800x818.jpg800x603.jpg800x574.jpg800x611.jpg

9 hours ago, zweifuss said:

Sorry to bump this thread again, but thanks to another thread on these forums (https://www.eurobricks.com/forum/index.php?/forums/topic/170286-custom-ldd-bricks-and-fixes/), I've been able to use an LDD brick creator software by @polymaker to create the giant tire for the Quake Mech. What I did was I started with the 59521 wheel, and I imported a mesh I had stretched around a bit of the 23798 wheel in Blender (scaled X/Y by 1.8, and scaled Z by 1.4). So this giant wheel has a floating connectivity of an axle right in the center. Here are some pictures... does it look pretty accurate to the movie, or is it maybe too big?

1280x693.jpg

Looks good.

Actually if anything the tire looks too narrow. I will try again and compare to movie screen shots. There are a lot of good ones. I guess I could also use Ninja Ripper on the game.

I'm still fascinated by the fact that they created these Mech monsters for the movie different from the sets. Yes they do look more impressive, but it seems like a lot of extra work that isn't that appreciated by about 95% of the audience. 

23 hours ago, zweifuss said:

1280x693.jpg

Great work! It looks amazing!