Sign in to follow this  
oracid

How to make a Lego tank with Arduino and RC servos

In this video, I show you how to make a tank with an Arduino board and 360° RC servos.

Very nice!  I have been using servo motors driven by an Arduino as well.  I am using 3D printed enclosures to hold the motor and a 3D printed adapter to allow attachment of an axle.   I think I'm going to try you method on my next build.  It look like it could make things more compact.

Edited by Larry Andersen

Neat. Something to do with the ultrasonic sensor I just received in the mail from China.  There are also various LEGO to servo adapters for 3D printing on Thingiverse.com.

Thank you all.

It is not so easy to couple RC servo to Lego. That is why I used chain at 4'25".

Thank you to give the links in Thingiverse.

Lego motors have nothing special. You can implement them with a driver like any motor.

Here is an example, but there are many others.

Edited by oracid

12 hours ago, oracid said:

Lego motors have nothing special. You can implement them with a driver like any motor.

Here is an example, but there are many others.

Thank you for your reply, but this part I find easy, the hardest part is making an adapter so that we don't have to cut the lego connector from the motor cables :) 

13 hours ago, cristi1337 said:

Thank you for your reply, but this part I find easy, the hardest part is making an adapter so that we don't have to cut the lego connector from the motor cables :) 

I desoldered the cable from my burnt out LEGO motors (from too much Great Ball Contraptioning), then I crimped some Dupont connectors on the ends.  It works pretty good connecting to header pins.

motor-shield.jpg

Yes, this is the best way.

One more thing, I have notice that only the two wires in the middle are used. I don't understand why there are 4 wires.

1 hour ago, oracid said:

Yes, this is the best way.

One more thing, I have notice that only the two wires in the middle are used. I don't understand why there are 4 wires.

Hello for the standard motors they only use the two, but they use all 4 for servo motors