Sign in to follow this  
rjg173

Adventurer's Autogiro

Johnny Thunder and Harry Cane are to the rescue in their autogiro.

44307858361_68facd4bd2_c.jpg

This is a reverse engineering MOC based on the original by Eduardo Ariño seen below. I found his support structure for the rotor assembly to be a little flimsy, so I created something a bit sturdier.

4587965495_b3b178c402_z.jpg

Sweet!  The idea and execution are wonderful.  I particularly like the size and shape of the fuselage; I see so many aircraft built too small for realism. :thumbup:

If I may make a suggestion, tile those rotors.  Those studs may preserve the toyness, but remember the rotor blades are what provides primary lift and with studs they wouldn't lift a thing :sceptic:  

Autogyro's don't get enough love, and your's is really something else. Well done! :thumbup:

On August 28, 2018 at 6:39 PM, Gary The Procrastinator said:

If I may make a suggestion, tile those rotors.  Those studs may preserve the toyness, but remember the rotor blades are what provides primary lift and with studs they wouldn't lift a thing :sceptic:  

I'm going to add on here and suggest you remove the top layer of 2 stud wide bricks with the exception being the edged ones at the centre of the rotor and replace those with flat plates. If you put plates on top of the ones currently on there you're rotor will look a little too thick. :classic: