Discuss the past, present, and future of Amazon Prime's ongoing TV series The Man in the High Castle, based upon Philip K. Dick's 1962 novel of the same name. Here's both the first trailer and synopsis for its third season, as announced at San Diego Comic-Con 2018:

"Season three of the Emmy award-winning The Man in the High Castle finds Juliana Crain (Alexa Davalos) grappling with her destiny after seeking safety in the Neutral Zone. Realizing that their fates are intertwined, she works with Trade Minister Tagomi (Cary-Hiroyuki Tagawa) to interpret the mystery of the last remaining films. Meanwhile, as tensions between the Reich and the Empire continue to rise, Joe Blake (Luke Kleintank) returns from Berlin and is sent on a diplomatic mission to San Francisco, where he and Juliana reunite and come to a turning point in their relationship.  Also in the new season, Obergruppenfuhrer John Smith (Rufus Sewell) finds himself celebrated by Nazi high society, but political forces are closing in as North American Reischsmarschall Lincoln Rockwell and J. Edgar Hoover plot against him. Helen (Chelah Horsdal) takes drastic action to protect her family while they struggle with the aftermath of Thomas’ death, and Smith learns of a shocking and ambitious new Nazi program that has personal and global ramifications.”

Also, here's a recap video from Amazon of the first and second seasons as a refresher:

Am looking forward to this! Looks like they're really pushing the boat out for season 3.

It looks incredible. The show is simply excellent, a truly haunting what could've been.

I heard Phillip K Dick got quite depressed after researching it.

So I finally finished watching the just-released third season of this show, and it did not disappoint! :thumbup: :smug:

While there's a lot to recollect upon in retrospect, probably my only major nitpick with it is that it just introduces too many new romantic relationship and/or extramarital affair subplots in a single season that haven't really gone anywhere as of yet. Many of these I feel could've been saved/spread out for the fourth season instead. Besides that though, I was quite interested to see how this show would reinterpret real-life historical figures J. Edgar Hoover and Lincoln Rockwell, and I thought that their arcs were used in an interestingly effective though somewhat expected way. Also, I was kinda surprised...

Spoiler

...that Trudy Walker (Juliana's half-sister) departed from this season very early on. :shrug_confused:

So, did anyone else finish watching this latest season yet? What are your overall thoughts? :classic:

I'm only three episodes in and I'm finding it much harder to follow than the previous two series. I had to rewatch the second episode just to work out what I had seen.

Just now, MAB said:

I'm only three episodes in and I'm finding it much harder to follow than the previous two series. I had to rewatch the second episode just to work out what I had seen.

Well, while I didn't find myself struggling to follow it, I did find that it was somewhat sluggish and all-over the place for those first three episodes.