Sign in to follow this  
Macrophagius

How to align hinge pieces ?

Dear all,

As visible in the screenshot, I would like to clip two pieces rotated by a custom angle. The 2 hinge bricks need to have one of their ends at 90°, like here, but I just would like to find the correct way connect the 1x4 flat piece to the 2 other ends of the hinge bricks. In practice this is very easy to do, and this is how I usually do large circular pattern for example, but I really struggle to find how to do it in LDD.

Thank you.

Mike

soviet_n1_moon_rocket_v2.png

Well, compute the degrees I would say and then reattach the plate. That is how I do it anyways, not the easiest solution but it works well.

If you don't know the exact angle, place a 1x1 plate between the 1x4 tile and the hinge plate.  Then rotate both hinge joints until you get them lined up, delete the extra 1x1 plate and lower the 1x4 tile.

Or you can use the hinge align tool (the button next to the rotate joint button in LDD).  Click the 1x4 tile, then click the hinge plate, and all hinge joints will move to get everything lined up. Note that this may move other bricks, and that for it to work there must already be some kind of link between the two parts to be connected (i.e. under select bricks, click "select connected", then click one hinge plate, both hinge plates should end up being selected).  

Hope this helps!