Sign in to follow this  
SheldonF

Question/Advise on technique

Hi there, 

I recently decided I'm going to attempt to build a scale model of my house. Now everything seems easy enough in terms of scaling since I have the floor plans etc of the house. The only issue I have is the basement. Since the basement is a full level below the mainfloor, how would I go about this? Since the cars parked on the driveway would ideally be on the "floor". Or should I elevate the main floor up 7-9 bricks high and go from there. I've been looking online for examples however haven't come across anything intuitive. 

Any advice is appreciated!

Only with a cut away in half house, you can see the basement and have started with the basement and than raise up the garden and driveway. With a full closed house and garden with driveway you will never seen the basement.

Maybe this will help from a full open house i have build sometime ago .

24100036697_98359eab92_c.jpgStout huismerk huis promo by VFracingteam, on Flickr

24030469027_3daa0ae17e_c.jpgIMG_7108 by VFracingteam, on Flickr

Wow that is beautiful and definitely helps. Thank you so much

My idea is to make the floors semi modular so I can remove each section. I guess I just wanted something that aesthetically looks nice while still keeping the basement/the form true to the original, which I think will be not feasible. 

Also, I'm attempting to decide the texture of the house and have narrowed it down to two possible bricks as I can't think of any others. 

Either this or this. The first one seems like too much but I'll play around with it. Any other ideas to create those thin vertical lines?

Front.jpg.5798a6d905f1bff8b5dd168a039b7950.jpg

Thank you again

25 minutes ago, SheldonF said:

Any other ideas to create those thin vertical lines?

If it's ok for you to make it in tan, you can use the back side of masonry bricks (SNOT). If you prefer it in white, you can use SNOT jumper plates, it won't be very sturdy though.

I was considering that but then I'd have to figure out the windows(since the studs would be interfering with window placement.

I wanted to save the masonry for the "foundation" (Bottom of the porch). I do plan on making the house tan with white accents ( pillars, windows fence)... that picture is really bad for colours. I guess I'll see how it looks in Stud.io before. I'm not one to use software for this stuff but I don't have the pieces on hand.