LM71Blackbird

Quinnsville Chronicler - Vol. 2, Issue 1

Quinnsville Chronicler - Volume 2, Issue 1 - June 618

From the desk of Mayor Richard Brickford.

Over the past few months, and with the help of several citizens of the nation of Corrington, Quinnsville has been turned into quite the booming settlement! This tiny town is now a thriving city and before too long will be one of the few large cities in the New World. The Quinnsville Chronicler has been rejuvenated for the purpose of reporting on new and exciting events in the settlement as well documenting the work of the newly appointed Vice President of Operations to the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery and my cousin, Mr. Ralph Clutchington.

Local Quinnsville man appointed VP in Royal Society -

Mr. Ralph Clutchington has been appointed Vice President of Operations to the Royal Society of Navigation and Discovery. He will be travelling to the new HQ of the RSND before the end of the month in the Quinnsville built ship The Dolphin. The Quinnsville Chronicler will be keeping Cocovia informed of all the news regarding our new VP of Operations.

Quinnsville shipyards production - 

Quinnsville is becoming well known for producing high quality vessels suited for all purposes and doing so in a short amount of time. In this month alone, there have been a total of 2 Ships-of-the-Line, both a first for Corrington's growing navy and merchant fleets. The 74-gun Third-rate Ship-of-the-Line HMS Dominance, and the 134-gun First-rate HMS Resilience are yet to be officially commissioned, however when a suitable crew can be secured, they will greatly expanded Corrington's presence on the Brick Seas. 

The merchant fleet also continues to expand with vessels like the Galleon Turaco and the Brig Puffin.

Small traders get a piece of the market - 

All over the Brick Seas simple traders and fisherman have started to appear in order to get a share of the trade. Being inspired by the WTC and their ingenuity with small vessels, the residences of Quinnsville have come together to help each other out on the shores of Cocovia

Military Presence growing in Quinnsville -

With the ongoing hostility in the Brick Seas the  original company of the 1st Quinnsville Fusiliers is currently being added too with the construction of a Military Academy. Also in Queens Bay, Fort Annetta stands tall and proud, ready to deflect any attack. Lastly, Major Nathaniel Brickford has been commissioned by Rear Admiral Fletcher to set up a proper military HQ, for correspondence with King's Harbour. It is rumored that a sizeable structure is in the works to be built on the left peninsula surrounding Queens Bay, know as the fist.

Free land to Artisans looking to expand their craft -

As mayor of Quinnsville I am currently offering free land plots to any citizen of any nation looking to set up a factory or artisan in Quinnsville. I, the mayor of Quinnsville, will personally reimburse the purchase price from my personal funds to anyone who does so. This offer stands until the next issue of the Quinnsville Chronicler is released. 

We thank you for choosing to reading this addition of Cocovia's number one news source.

-------------------

The chronicler is officially back! This will be a platform to keep everyone updated on Quinnsville's status as well as my role in Corrington's newest venture. As the first addition back in print I kept it relatively simple, but it should broaden as more issues come out. I'll try to keep this on a monthly basis, but no promises! Thanks for looking.

Edited by LM71Blackbird

2 hours ago, Drunknok said:

Nice read, and great to see the Quinnsville Chronicler back in action! :thumbup:

Thanks! It will be nice to have Cocovia highlighted each month as well as some other news worthy events!