Sign in to follow this  
opa101 the lego guy

LEGO printing website

I need help finding a website that will help me create a digital print, i love EclipseGrafx but i need a couple prints they don't have, i want to make my own but i need help finding a way to do it

I've been trying to gets parts printed for a year, so I'll share my experience.
I was expecting this to be easy, and to quote a local printing service that prints pretty much on everything (t-shirts, mugs, phone cases): "ah you want to print ON Lego, not 3D-print Lego? Sorry we can't do that". That also says a lot about how mainstream 3D-printing has gone, btw.

Anyway: I think I've emailed them all. All the ones that do UV-printing that is, I haven't bothered with the ones that exclusively do pad-printing, and I don't think you're after large batches of thousands either. Here I'm looking for 30 parts out of which only a couple are repeated 4 times.

Very few have bother to reply so I'll just list them:

-Steindrucker, Germany: many have used his service, he seems to do a good job, but.. I think you really have to speak german (& I don't). I just couldn't communicate with him properly so I gave up.

-Minifigs.me, UK: these gave a honest answer. For my project, I value registration/centering more than printing quality, and they said they couldn't do it precisely enough on round tiles. But still an option I suppose.

-Minfig Madness, US (I think): answers, seems to know his job, only he was too busy for the next months. But that was months ago, so give it a try, especially if you're in the US.

-fab-bricks, UK: he already did a testprint for me and he's the one who will probably do it.

None of the others bothered to reply, they're probably not interested by small batches.

..or are you asking for a service that will also do the design for you? Some do, but I don't know which ones.

Edited by anothergol

Auri at Chrome Block City have engraved and printed few tiles for me in the past. Quality is great he is good communicating in English.