Sign in to follow this  
johncheng

MOC: Minilandscape - Castle in Edo

I made this mini landscape for Japan Brickfest 2018.

I intended to make something more Japanese style and happens to see some castles online. 

In fact for his build most of the time was spent on building the stone like wall with slopes an inverted slopes. Take 2 shots as daytime and in moon night. Which one do you prefer?

Castle in Edo #japanese #castle #moc #lego #legocreation #legophotography Night scene in Edo #japanese #castle #moc #lego #legocreation #legophotography

Edited by johncheng

I agree, this is lovely - I like how you've made the SNOT base, and I love how you've done the trees.  The use of juxtaposed slopes on the castle walls is something we don't see often.

I think I also prefer the daytime version, though I do like the moon.  :classic:

It is based on a real castle?

@Rufus

No, I just made it up . I will visit Japan this week end and may do some builds based on real building :thumbup:

@Legoginge

me too, but I through it is interesting to make a moonlight scene.  glad to hear you like it too:classic:

If you do visit Japan I'd be interested in seeing which builds you choose. I went a few years ago and for one of my next projects want to do microscale builds from each country I've been to.

Trying to decide which for Japan, although my current thinking is something from Hiroshima as that City sticks out most in my memory of the trip.

In fact I always interested in the Fujin / Raijin in Japan.  I will try to explore them in the trip and find what can I do with the topic. It seems fun