Hi everybody,

A simulated train ride;

img_2191_640.jpg

A couple of years ago I saw a TV program about NEW and HOT gadgets in Japan. Among those were a cheap plastic box where you could insert your mobile telephone and download videos of different train travels from around the country. Supposedly it allows the user to experience a train travel even if you haven´t the time, money or friends to make it in real life.
I immediatly wanted to re-create it in Lego! Since then it has been one of my trusty companions travelling to LEGO expo´s in Spain. I must say that it has a certain hypnotic effect on people when they see it...

In the original japanese version, there is only ONE traveller in the compartment. (The girl. I dont know if other versions exist) 
As I havent seen the toy here in Europe, and I havent seen any other Lego version of it, I take it that it wasn´t a success. But as a Lego creation it works surprisingly well!
I want to stress that the build tries to recreate the interior of a train compartment, and it really isnt much to look at from the outside...

img_2328_640.jpg

img_2190_640.jpg

img_2329_640.jpg

img_2335_640.jpg

Here´s a video of the thing running;

Ciao!

Very clever! I like this model a lot. :laugh: :thumbup:

Edited by LegoMonorailFan

Very cool!  I'm inspired to make a mechanical one, although I don't have any of those classic figures.

Edited by fred67