Sbm1

7900 Heavy Loader Alternate Build MOC | Build Diary

This is a build I have been wanting to do for a while, and thought I'd share with you guys on the forum. In this build I'll be combining one of my favourite sets with one of my least favourite sets. The 7900 heavy loader set is one of my favourite sets of all time. I love the cab-over design and the three axle chassis, and although its big, I think it looks perfectly proportional for what it is, and hasn't dated as much as other sets I own from the same release year. The truck looks awesome and beefy on its own, but the bridge that came with the set is too large to be sitting on the back of it all the time, and without a trailer or implement to tow it isn't of much use. There are no other semi-trailers that are compatible with the truck, and any custom trailer or implement that I've made has doubled up on what I own already.

In this build I will be combining the 7900 heavy loader with the 60060 auto transporter, one of my most hated sets. I'll be making a new dual-axle chassis for the semi-truck and putting the car transportation bed on the back. I've already tried a test fit of the parts and it looks great. The 60060 auto transporter is very minimalist, and looks silly when it isn't trucking anything around my town. The proportions are just wrong, and with such a small puny cabin, anything that I pose on the back that's wider than 4 studs looks silly. The 7900 cabin would be a nice touch, and allow me to pose some bigger vehicles on the back without it looking dumb.

I'll post changes here, but all photos will be uploaded to an album on google drive:

https://drive.google.com/drive/folders/1XzrzH4sKs5NiD6B9WTDTMNCHkkoMG5xk?usp=sharing