Sign in to follow this  
Nightstalker

Faermoore Organ Gun

The Kingdom of Faermoore is proud to present the latest edition in dwarf artillery. May I present to you:

The Faermoore Organ Gun!

40085404970_fd52382e50_z.jpg

Huge inspiration on the barrel design from DwalinF and his amazing organ gun:

https://dwalinf.deviantart.com/art/LEGO-Dwarf-organ-gun-644819679

Now with that out of the way, I really like how this gun turned out. With the way it is currently designed, its wheels can roll and the two center barrels can be adjusted. 

41849689092_2817b37c15_z.jpg

When designing the support frame, I wanted to make it nice and sturdy and give it a war feel. Additional armor with some pearl, gold, 1x1, round plates really helped add some meat to it. To top it off, gold harpoons were also added, even if they virtually have no purpose. Still looks pretty cool to me!

41849689002_2d75331848_z.jpg

In order to make the gun slightly more ornate, I went ahead and added gold wings to the side. Again, no real purpose, just aesthetics. The wheels were pretty simple to make as well. I worked through multiple designs, but settled on this. In the end, it got the job done and still looks pretty good.

41892563571_4b0ca53255_z.jpg

Just a view of the back, not really much to see here!

41849688912_9679cef97d_z.jpg

Here's the more interesting part about the frame. It's roughly split into 7 different sections: 2 wheels, 2 supports, 2 armor panels, and 1 set of spikes. They are all mounted on a Technic 8 Axle. If you look closely, you'll notice small gaps between each part. This allowed me to move the two supports around (which is where the gun is mounted) to fit the design of the organ gun. This method was pretty cheap, and didn't require any sacrifice of design. The only thing I had to worry about was making everything fit comfortably!

41849688802_bc41f38950_z.jpg

Still love DwalinF's barrel design. Honestly, its the fish part that does it for me. Awesome parts usage!

41849688672_f9d8be81ef_z.jpg

As with all artillery...

Why have one?

When I can make seven...

Hope you enjoyed the MOC.

Decals by Saber-Scorpion

Inspiration from DwalinF

C&C is welcome and appreciated!!!

:classic:

When I saw Organ Gun in the title, I was expecting a cannon that shoots brains, hearts and stomachs among other organs at the enemy... but what you've created is really cool too! :laugh:

Great work! For a second there I thought that the fish were being used as ammunition. Possible inspiration for your next build? :grin: