Technivor

[WIP][MOC] ARC-170 starfighter

That's good about the wings, looking forward to see what you come up with. I suggested the cheese slope because I noticed you had the 1x2 plates with the bar clip attached in dark red also. It seemed to me like you weren't worrying about colour availability and instead went for the most suitable piece, which I am a fan of (I don't think those hinge plates are made in dark red yet). Even so I think a 1x1 or 1x2 tile would be worthwhile putting in there as another option.

Much nicer S-foils, you managed to keep the shape fairly accurate while also hiding the gaps on the backside of the wings.

Could you show us what they look like when opened up?

Keep it up :wink:

P.S. I found this guy who made a very nice clone wars era ARC-170 3D model which you can look at from many angles. It could help with some parts where its hard to get reference. https://sketchfab.com/models/06c7a3a6139249b4ae0a180ff9d82fe2

Wings are much improved, especially the tips of each. Just so you know, the 1x2 plate with a bar (60478) isn't available in dark red. both that and the 1x2 cheese slope come in red and reddish brown, though.

This keeps on getting better and better, keep it up ;)

I was wondering about which parts you are planning to use for the cockpit canopies as they are quite unusual shapes.

Looking back at the 3D model from a front view, it seems to me that the "nose" of the ship should be a bit lower than it currently is. Is this intentional or have you not got round to modifying it yet?

1 hour ago, Cypirate said:

This keeps on getting better and better, keep it up ;)

I was wondering about which parts you are planning to use for the cockpit canopies as they are quite unusual shapes.

Looking back at the 3D model from a front view, it seems to me that the "nose" of the ship should be a bit lower than it currently is. Is this intentional or have you not got round to modifying it yet?

Thanks!

I plan to use some rigid hoses for the cockpit because there is not really a predefined part at this scale for the different cockpits!

When I started I was only using pictures of the ship but because they were all made by different person there was variations in the design wich is why mine is different than the 3d model!

7 hours ago, koobertz said:

Any news on this build? this thing is amazing!!

I'm sorry, this build has been put on hold since January and its been a few months since I've not touched my Lego and I don't know when I'll get back at it.