beverly888

MOC: Amethyst Tower

Hi All,

Amethyst Tower is inspired by the Chrysler Building.   It's 32" tall, with eight storeys. 

Multiple Friends and Elves plus a few small sets were used in its creation.  Here's a video of the main floor Amethyst Tower Museum.

From my Flickr page, the front view of Amethyst Tower.

Amethyst Tower

Thanks for looking!

Beverly :)

Edited by beverly888

NALUG, the Northern Alberta Lego Users Group, participated in a New Year's Eve family event where the theme was superheroes.  Being new to NALUG, I decided to volunteer my time and a build or two to better get to know the good folks in the group. 

But where could I start with that theme with my main interest being Friends?  So, I bought a few DC Superhero Girls sets and a few Micro Minis that were on sale before Christmas, and hoped for the best.

On Christmas Eve, my son-in-law and granddaughter helped build the smaller sets, but I was still struggling to create a MOC out of two larger DC sets.  Aaarrgghh!  What to do?!

Then, a friend dropped by.  He asked an innocent question - was I going to use the rotating base I bought a couple of months ago?  Well, yes, I'd forgotten about that, and wasn't the rotating base perfect to use Amethyst Tower as the main feature of my display?

A 48 by 48 stud base, plus 118 mini-figs, mini-dolls and pets from a variety of themes later, my display was finished.  It was delightful and devious fun transforming non-superhero figures into heroes.  Plus, I couldn't believe I'd assembled such a huge (to me) variety of mini-figs and mini-dolls.  

Here are a few scenes from Amethyst Tower, Where Almost Everyone Is A Superhero -  shot in my home studio...

38818600374_1681bd952e_b.jpg

25656609438_9b9d648163_b.jpg

38818602914_41da872089_b.jpg

38818604134_3f5786e0fd_b.jpg

38818604834_8926b97816_b.jpg

38818601894_7d988ffffb_b.jpg

38818603304_27265f1751_b.jpg

If you'd like to view a video posted on New Year's Eve, please visit: Amethyst Tower Instagram Video.

More photos and a video from my studio to come!

Cheers, and Happy New Year!

:classic: Beverly

I'm not sure I've embedded the video correctly.  Suggestions would be appreciated.

[media]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=

[/media]

One of my favourite mini-figs is the Unicorn Girl whose superpower is Running With Scissors :classic:

Cheers!

Edited by beverly888

Bwahahahahaaaaa!  

Composed new music of the sinister kind and re-cut the video.  Hope you enjoy!

Edited by beverly888