Sign in to follow this  
Transparency for Effect

Axonn’s Silvers? FLAT SILVER or PEARL LIGHT GREY?

So I have a 2nd hand copy of Axonn that was initially incomplete, and I noticed that according to the Bricklink it had certain PLG parts that I may have had in FS. Now maybe the original owner just replaced missing parts with FS parts from the Toa Nuva or something, but looking at other inventories there's slight variation like this part actually in FS, including BrickOwl, which has several of the silver parts in alternate groups of FS and PLG. So maybe despite Bricklink not listing it, Axonn had alternate releases of the silvers?

Also I may have a problem distinguishing PLG and certain FS that's like of cheaper production quality or something. Is it the mold patterns in the silver or something that can differentiate the two?

There's no easy answer to this question. Bricklink is garbage when it comes to describing metallic colors, describing them subjectively by look instead according to their actual formulation, which leads to incredibly inconsistent labeling and lumping multiple distinct metallic colors under a small number of arbitrary labels.

2006 was a complicated time for silver, since color 131 Silver was briefly replaced with 296 Cool Silver during that year, which seems to have been pretty inconsistent and would often, but not always, turn out lighter and be considered "Pearl Light Grey" on Bricklink. At or before the end of the year, 131 Silver (often, but not always, considered "Flat Silver" on Bricklink) was reintroduced as Lego's main silver color. Axonn's parts would probably be 296 Cool Silver, but how they would be categorized on Bricklink would depend largely on how dark or light individual parts appeared.