WhiteFang

REVIEW: 71019 LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series

LEGO Minifigures - LEGO Ninjago Movie Series   

132 members have voted

1. 1. How do you rate this entire LEGO Ninjago Movie Series?

2. 2. How do you find this review? Do you find it helpful and useful?

• 1 - Very helpful and useful
    • 2 - Somewhat helpful and useful
    • 3 - Little helpful and useful
    • 4 - Not helpful and useful at all
  3. 3. Do you like the distribution allocation number based on the designs for LEGO Ninjago Movie Series?

• 1 - Yes, I love it
    • 2 - Neutral and it made no difference to me
    • 3 - No, I hate it
  4. 4. Will you like to see traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series?

• 1 - Yes, I prefer the traditional LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 2 - No, I prefer licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 3 - No, I prefer singular theme on LEGO Collectable Minifigures Series
    • 4 - No, I prefer both traditional and licensed LEGO Collectable Minifigures

On August 22, 2017 at 10:29 AM, Oederland said:

However, the legs are already a little loose, I guess it will become worse over time (at least this was what happened to e.g. my samurais from CMF Series 3 and Sensei Wu from the 2255 spinner set although I don't "play" with them).

I always feel a little stupid when touching those bags ;) I would be interested in Lloyd Garmadon, Ghetto Blaster Cole, Gong & Guitar Rocker, N-Pop Girl, and maybe Misako. Thanks for any help!

Yeah, this series does seem to have more loose fitting parts than the standard looseness of CMF figures. If my Misako's right arm was any more loose it would spin freely like a propeller and several have mentioned black Lord Garmadon's helmet not having very good clutch power. 

Regarding the characters you're after, those are some of the easier ones to feel for, feel away with no shame. Its companies that sell toys in blind bags to children that should be ashamed. A few have commented that if you get access to an unopened box taking one entire row of bags will yield a complete set of the series with no duplicates.

Edited by koalayummies

Yes, e.g. the ghetto blaster should be easy to identify. However, so far I have only seen opened boxes, and then it might become tricky to "find" a certain minifig as the three versions might already be gone.

I used to buy a few random bags for the first few series, and search for minifigs that I really wanted in case I didn't get them by chance, as I quite liked the "surprise" aspect. However, with current prices I keep it at a minimum. I'm not a collector in a strict sense anyway, there are minifigs that I like (e.g. those I mentioned fit into what I call "underground/street culture minifigs"), but in case it's not that easy to find them I just skip them. I mean, for slightly less than 3 € (thanks to my girlfriend in China ;) ) I could also get e.g. a unique punker minifig from Enlighten including a policeman and a policecar or for < 1 € a unique rockstar minifig with some stage equipment (just in case, Enlighten produces only unique designs for quite some time in contrast to clone brands like Lepin, although some of the Enlighten sets are clearly inspired by TLC sets) . And now tell me that TLC bricks are four times as expensive due to having four times better quality or due to TLC not producing in China ;)

Edited by Oederland

After going 6 for 6 with previous CMFs, I went 0 for 4 with Ninjago Movie CMF.

Mistook Garmaddon's staff for Kai's kendo stick, Nya's sword for Lloyd's sword, Zane's backpack for Shark trooper's armor, GPL Tech's briefcase for Lloyd's map.

Lego.com already has the Ninjago minifigures series on clearance for $3.19. That normally doesn't happen until a new series comes out. Must not be selling very well.