Sign in to follow this  
obijon

[MOC] MINIs From Star Wars Rebels (now incl. Ghost & Phantom)

Please see below posts for further updates. (Ghost and Phantom below)

Hi again all

The first model here is a new one.  It is the Quasar-Fire Carrier, or Phoenix Home cruiser/carrier.  

Fans of the old EU will recognise this as a version of the Flurry.

quasarfire1.jpg

quasarfire2.jpg

quasarfire3.jpg

quasarfire4.jpg

and on display with Commander Sato.

quasarfiredisplay.jpg

The second MINI model (not new) is the Imperial Troop Transport from Star Wars Rebels.  I am really fond of this vehicle as I had the original Kenner toy. I am really pleased with how this little model has turned out. I had 3 or 4 different ways of building the 6 troop pods but finally went for the 1x1 brackets with a tile. I think they work well.

imperialtrooptransport1.jpg

imperialtrooptransport2.jpg

imperialtrooptransport3.jpg

imperialtrooptransport4.jpg

And a la planets with Agent Kallus:

imperialtrooptransportdisplay.jpg

Any further models from SW Rebels will be added to this topic so keep an eye open! ;-)

Let me know what you think.

Jon

Edited by obijon

Hi again everyone

I don't normally take requests but i had planned to build an Interdictor Cruiser.  Once again Rebels is using an old design from the EU for this.

I have gone against the normal convention on this one of building Star Destroyer models with wedge plates.  Instead I have used slope bricks and the bricks with studs on 2 sides so that I can attach the gravity wells in the same way top and bottom.  

The new(ish) 2x2 round tiles with one stud come in very handy for the gravity wells. ;-)

Here it is:

interdictor1.jpginterdictor2.jpginterdictor3.jpginterdictor4.jpg

And as usual on display a la Planets:

interdictordisplay.jpg

Let me know what you think.

Jon

Hello again

The Interdictor was the starter and here is the main course.  yet another vehicle borrowed from the EU for Rebels is the Tie Defender.

That old triangle technic piece has come in very handy for this one.  the 3 sets of panels have been attached using 4L bars and clip plates.  The ring type clip has been used to attach the bar to the technic piece and the other type of clips to attach the panels to the bar.

The new 2x2 wedge plates have been used for the back part of the wings.

tiedefender1.jpgtiedefender2.jpgtiedefender3.jpgtiedefender4.jpg

And on display a la planets with Grand Admiral Thrawn.

tiedefenderdisplay.jpg

I am very pleased with how this turned out.  

Let me know your thoughts.

Jon

GHOST & PHANTOM

Hello again everyone

I present today two new models.  One is a MOD of a SDCC exclusive model and the other is new.  I am sure you can guess which one is which. ;-)

First up the Ghost.  Of course this is the MOD of the exclusive from a couple of years ago. 

I have of course filled in the minifig seat and added the gun on top.  I have also added a slot at the back for a micro phantom.  It wasn't too tricky to turn this microfightrer in to a MINI.  to be honest this has been built for quite a long time and I remember changing quite a few things but I can't remember! ;-)  You can see the little Phantom in the last picture.

ghost1.jpgghost2.jpgghost3.jpgghost4.jpg

And here is the little Phantom on its own.

ghostphantom.jpg

And here is the Ghost on display with Hera.

ghostdisplay1.jpg

As i said this has been built for a while and is now actually no longer on display.  I have replaced the Ghost MOD with the model that came with the LEGO Star Wars Magazine as it is more of a polybag scale model and more consistent with the Planets sets which you should all know by now I was a fan of.

ghostdisplay2.jpg

Now for the Phantom.  I had built and displayed the LEGO version which was on available in the surprise bag from Disneyland (i think).  I was never really happy with their version so i recently finally got round to building my own version.

I am happy with how this little model has turned out.  It is a pretty simple build but i think the front section is quite clever with the use of a modified brick, bracket and technic liftarm piece to attach the front cannons.

phantom1.jpgphantom2.jpgphantom3.jpgphantom4.jpg

Here is a comparison pic with the LEGO version:

phantomcomparison.jpg

And on display a la planets with Kanan.

phantomdisplay.jpg

Let me know your thoughts.

Jon