Sign in to follow this  
KotZ

[LDD] Barney & FRiends Park Set

First, if this is in the wrong section I apologize. I figure it would go in Town because it's a park. Now, onto the actual business. As close to minifigure scale as I could, I have recreated the Park set from the children's TV show "Barney & Friends." This one took quite a bit of time and looking at reference pics (as well as digging into my own memories). It's a build I don't think many people would think to do, and I'm pretty positive with how it turned now. It's exactly 3,025 pieces. Let's go and take a look.

A general overview of the park. Here we can see everything, from the gazebo, the knoll, the exterior of the caboose, the playset and the toolshed.
1.png
Of course, would this be Barney without the titular purple dinosaur and his friends? Included (from left to right) are Melanie, Riff, Barney, Baby Bop (with blankey) BJ, and David minifigures.
2.png
Here is the gazebo, a bench, and leading up to the bridge and ramps.
3.png
A better view of the bridge and pond.
4.png
Here is the playground and a bit of the grassy knoll.
5.png
Here is the outside of the caboose. This part was actually pretty difficult to do, because I wanted it to be big enough for Barney to actually stand there, as he is actually able to do. Of to the left you can see the Idea Chair. In the center is the hopscotch squares.
6.png
And here are the stepping stones and the toolshed.
7.png

And here are some pictures I used for reference.

I hope you all enjoyed this one. Comments and criticism welcome.

Edited by KotZ

5 hours ago, KamalMYafi said:

Ahh, childhood... Nice replication of the Barney park!

Thanks!

If you had shown this off as just being a city park, sans Barney and Friends, I'd find it absolutely wonderful, what with the details and the use of space, but looking back into my childhood, you definitely seem to have nailed it, terrifying mascots and all. :poke:

Well done!

9 hours ago, Kintobor said:

If you had shown this off as just being a city park, sans Barney and Friends, I'd find it absolutely wonderful, what with the details and the use of space, but looking back into my childhood, you definitely seem to have nailed it, terrifying mascots and all. :poke:

Well done!

Thank you! I'm glad I was able to have you reminisce on your youthful days! :laugh: