I am trying my hands on LDCad animation for quite some time, finally made something worth sharing.

Here is one simple example.

This software really has lot of potential, thank @roland.

Nice animation. If only I could get LDCad’s parts bins :grin:

Isn’t there a tiny problem though? The main rotor turns clockwise, the tail rotor should counter the torque, so it should push clockwise too (tail to the left) but it pushes the tail to the right, with the torque. How did such a big mistake went through QA? :tongue:

47 minutes ago, SylvainLS said:

How did such a big mistake went through QA? :tongue:

You have sharp eyes, I worked on it for 3/4 days but didn't notice it...

Nice seeing someone actually using animation :)

If you need any help or have some suggestions on how to improve things, let me know.

59 minutes ago, roland said:

Nice seeing someone actually using animation :)

If you need any help or have some suggestions on how to improve things, let me know.

Thanks @roland currently I am trying to understand the story based example, will definitely need you help :) in fact that was one of the reason I signed up on Eurobricks.

The 8860 example uses that intensively. But I'm planning to add a simpler example for the final 1.6 release. Still looking for a small model for that so any suggestions are welcome :)

On 6/1/2017 at 0:57 AM, roland said:

The 8860 example uses that intensively. But I'm planning to add a simpler example for the final 1.6 release. Still looking for a small model for that so any suggestions are welcome :)

@roland That script it intimidating :)

For story I started with 8071 which is little easy to understand. I got the overall structure of story now trying to understand the joints.

I am trying out 42057 - Ultralight Helicopter, I think this would be great model, it is small, it have a lever based control for the rudder and the 2 block engine which can help with joints as well.

I will email you the files as not able to attach them here.

Edited by IstakaCiti

The 8860 one did get a bit out of hand indeed :)

Thanks for sending me your model and script.

8071's script is basically a prototype of the aniTools stuff, the generic way of doing things is mostly the same (elements, actions, joints, actors etc).

Maybe I should rewrite 8071 to also use the new module.

Submarine from the same set, tried to device the animation in segments but still not using story.

Edited by IstakaCiti

I am back with my next animation Lego Technic Cherry Picker (42031).

This time its bigger and better, hope you will like it :classic:, any feedback is most welcome!

Very nice, the lights are a nice addition.

Did you use the aniTools stuff for this one?

If not, it is better to wait with that for the final 1.6 version (in a couple of days) as I made some changes to how it handles joints which isn't backwards compatible (sorry about that, but the new setup is much more logical )

Thanks @roland, lights was after thought :) but it was quite easy to add.

I didn't use aniTools yet so no issues.

However I have a suggestion, we can't determine where the image border is till we generate the image. If we can provide an outline in animations screen (based on selected resolution), it will save lot of time to check if the animation is getting clipped.

Edited by IstakaCiti

Actually that's all ready an option it's called the export frame available through the export menu (alt+e)

On 6/13/2017 at 1:57 AM, roland said:

Actually that's all ready an option it's called the export frame available through the export menu (alt+e)

Perfect, exactly what I was looking for :)

Thanks

Edited by IstakaCiti

Latest addition to my collection, Lego 42020 - Twin Rotor Helicopter.

I went back to the simpler model as I did this with @roland's AniTools.

Let me know if you need a copy of model and script.

Edited by IstakaCiti

Hi There!

Here is my next animation, I wanted to try something else apart from Technic so here we are:

Let me know what you feel about it.

Very nice

Non technic animations can be fun too, especially if it displays some sort of a story. Problem/challenge is working out the timing of sequences on the longer ones though.

14 hours ago, roland said:

Very nice

Non technic animations can be fun too, especially if it displays some sort of a story. Problem/challenge is working out the timing of sequences on the longer ones though.

Thanks, this animation is completely done using Animation tools, which made the story part relatively easy. 

Also need to work on sound effects, need to move on from Youtube video editor.