Sign in to follow this  
Starwars4J

Imperial Colossus-class Heavy Assault and Riot Droid (HARD)

Confusion all around. X-D

I meant to MOD your first, smaller version and put a wheel on the legs as a suspect persuit mech. :-P Hope that made sense.

Will

Wait, so now you like the original more, again? *wacko* :-D

As for the wheels idea, I never really liked wheels on mecha 8-| Probably just me. It also wouldn't work well for urban assaults or anything other than a flat ground :-P I don't mind it being slow, but I do wonder what you think got worse from the first version?

I'm glad for all the feedback, I want to see what I did that didn't work, what I can do to improve, and what was specifically wrong with my first MOC that I correctly fixed in this one.

the head isn't very threatining, which i think would look better if changed, but who cares what i think!

also the leggs are waaay to long.

steel...

Well the legs are actually anatomically correct, the body is in proportion. As for the head, I guess that's just personal taste :-D Any suggestions?

hmn i personnally like plain black minifig heads in standard helmets with black visors:

http://www.flickr.com/photos/23938605@N06/...57603934039476/

but then again, thats what defcon does...

steel...

I don't see that as threatening really though, it just looks like a dude in armor. But what's more scary than something unnatural? Though I do plan on trying to make it less blocky

I like the design very much, head especially, don't change it! I think I will "borrow" this design from you! :laugh:

Torso design was great in version 1 (I used something like that in few of my creations) but there was a problem with proportions to the rest of the body and head. I think now the shoulders lack bulkiness and they should be wider than this. If you can position the arm/shoulder connections to the sides of torso (like on my creation posted here for example) it should help. Keep in mind that shoulders must carry massive shields and weapons so it is natural for this heavyweight to have strong upper body.

Legs are in my opinion well articulated and in good proportion to the rest of the body. Good job on design also.

Here is my example of torso/shoulders/arms connections and proportions. This is just a suggestion of course.

darkblight_battle_droid_1.jpg

Overall, torso modification is the main goal on your droid design if you ask me but I think that will not be too much of a problem. The rest is OK.

Good luck! :classic:

Edited by Dr_Legoman

That is really sweet! Will you post a picture of the Imperial Assault Droid Army next to a minifig for a size comparison?