Ebkas

Outrider LEGO Set on Amazon

Hi!

I have recently made an interesting discovery on Amazon. This discovery is that on Lego's official Amazon page, there is a listing for a "LEGO Star Wars OUTRIDER - DASH RENDAR SHIP". 
You can find the page here.
I am aware that the Outrider was an alternate build for an ISD a couple years ago which looks similar to this, but I don't think there would be an Amazon listing for it. The specs say that this model would have had a rare printed face and that it is out of stock.

I would be interested in seeing what others think of this.

Edited by Ebkas

It looks indeed like the alternative model. So in a way one could say the seller listed an official set, even if it isn't :wink: it doesn't looks great though. Certainly not comparable with today's standards.

21 minutes ago, Littleworlds said:

It looks indeed like the alternative model. So in a way one could say the seller listed an official set, even if it isn't :wink: it doesn't looks great though. Certainly not comparable with today's standards.

Yes, it is very outdated. But it is listed on the official Lego Amazon page and that's what I'm interested in.

It looks like it was listed by Steam which has a shop on Amazon. They've just listed it as a Lego item as they look like they sell educational toys of various varieties. It was shown as first available in 2010 so maybe they sold it back then but it's now showing our of stock so I'm guessing it's something they did once and then never put back in stock.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a case of selling an item to look like it was a brand new product (as yet unreleased) and making a pretty penny out of it. I don't think this is something that has been sold by Lego on Amazon but it's simply down to how the item is tagged.

Just now, Robianco said:

It looks like it was listed by Steam which has a shop on Amazon. They've just listed it as a Lego item as they look like they sell educational toys of various varieties. It was shown as first available in 2010 so maybe they sold it back then but it's now showing our of stock so I'm guessing it's something they did once and then never put back in stock.

Wouldn't surprise me if it was a case of selling an item to look like it was a brand new product (as yet unreleased) and making a pretty penny out of it. I don't think this is something that has been sold by Lego on Amazon but it's simply down to how the item is tagged.

Ahh, okay. That makes sense. 
Thanks for the explanation!