Sign in to follow this  
QwikBricks

(A four year late) review: LEGO Creator Palace Cinema (10232)

Guys, I know I'm about 4 years late to this.  But I'm a new AFOL.  And just in the past week, a new AFOL Modular sets.  I've only recently discovered how amazing they are to build and display.  

Here's my take on the first modular set I bought - Palace Cinema.  

@QwikBricks, you truly are a great reviewer. Detailed reviews are enjoyable and usually cover more, but if you're in the LEGO store making a decision, you don't want to watch a 10min video. Thanks for this review, 2-3 minutes for a modular building… wow! :thumbup:

We built our set of this last week. Palace Cinema is pretty divisive on this forum, and I can see why. The exterior is pretty great, with some lovely details and a result that's full of character. The car, though, is atrocious (Mrs G's comment of "that was a lot of effort for nothing" says a lot), and the insides are just plain weird. Some of the downstairs works, but the space in the ticket area is off, and the upstairs makes no sense. Massive windows mean no-one would be able to see on that screen. Six seats. That weird projector platform you can see from the outside. Fortunately, the second storey can be sorted by blacking out the windows and pretending the inside doesn't exist.

So one to get if you want the exterior and/or plan on modifying its innards. Also watch its height – this one’s tall, and in fact too tall for our shelves, so we’re trying to figure out the best way of knocking off a few centimetres.

7 hours ago, craiggrannell said:

Also watch its height – this one’s tall, and in fact too tall for our shelves, so we’re trying to figure out the best way of knocking off a few centimetres.

Oh wow, I hadn't even thought of that.  Good point Craig!

Iiiincredible enjoyable review!! So correctly spot on and a "funny" and comfortable voice. VERY nice! Looking forward to more like this in the future.

-You will buy more of the modulars, trust me. Have a look at my IG and you will understand.